Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you guys and gals bought your 1911, what was included in the case? One mag or two? Cleaning rod?

·
22,317 Posts
My Colt, which I bought in the 90s, came with... a manual. I don't even think I got a second magazine.

My other 1911s have been bought used, so less than the Colt! Well, both of them came with a spare mag.

Reactions: Armijager

·
Administrator
39,731 Posts
Two mags, cleaning brush, and of course a handsome stainless steel PT1911!

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,957 Posts
Depends on the Taurus part number, some come in a cardboard box, one mag, a key and owners manual. Others come with a plastic box, 2 mags, key and an owners manual.

Of course the price differs.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dang, I got one mag, no cleaning rod and the lock keys, oh yeah, and the take down tool for the bushing

·
Administrator
39,731 Posts
Dang, I got one mag, no cleaning rod and the lock keys, oh yeah, and the take down tool for the bushing

I forgot about the bushing wrench, and locks and keys. Got those too! Oh yeah, the owners manual, and padded plastic case.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I forgot about the bushing wrench, and locks and keys. Got those too! Oh yeah, the owners manual, and padded plastic case.
I got the padded case, one mag, two keys, the bushing wrench and one allen wrench. Maybe I'll send them a note 😊

·
8,549 Posts
Mine is the FS model - came with plastic box,manuals,one 8rd magazine,bushing tool,cleaning brush flex rod, and of course a nice shooting 1911.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
For my PT1911PBL it was the firearm, keys, plastic case, bushing wrench, bore brush, manual, sight adjustment allen wrench, two 8-round magazines.

·
Registered
24,615 Posts
All of my PT1911s came with two mags, bushing wrench, locking keys, barrel brush, paperwork, all packed in a nice hard case.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Plastic case, two 8-round mags, barrel brush, bushing wrench, Allen wrench, keys, paperwork, SS PT1911 w/bulls head grips, and the plastic black grips.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
My Colt, which I bought in the 90s, came with... a manual. I don't even think I got a second magazine.

My other 1911s have been bought used, so less than the Colt! Well, both of them came with a spare mag.
It just depends on the brand and the model as to what comes with it.
generally the more bucks the more crap thats included.
I don't use any of it except the magazines anyway, its just window dressings to me.
The one thing that I do like is a nice set of wooden grips though!

Attachments

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
OPPS!
the Stainless Taurus in the first picture has 2 additional mags that I ordered with the gun it came with just 2.

·
Registered
337 Posts
we would lose our licenses if we stored our ammo in the mags and with the gun.

a loaded mag is considered as a loaded weapon, which is illegal outside the range.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Oh yeah. Mine also came with a very nice set of, I think, rosewood grips, and a pair of black plastic or hard rubber grips. Polished blue but hard to tell in the pic. It was allegedly a Talo but I could never get confirmation from Taurus or Talo. That's how they were marketed.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts