Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my new Thunder to the range today with my bro who just got one also.
I was surprised at how well this gun shoots. I had 6 failure to fire (2nd attempt all fired) and 1 failure to load right away out of the 1st box of ammo- it was steel case Tula. Then brass case Monarch- all went through well, then some Remington fmj and jhp, and Fiocchi jhp- everything was flawless except the 7 rounds of Tula in the beginning. All total 200 rounds.
The trigger is remarkably good on this gun. I could even put a a few rounds in a silhouette at 25 yards. I missed a few. I think this is a keeper.

I took my PT-111 along and ran a few through it.....flawless as always.

All in all- a very good day. (makes up for that lousy day I had a few weeks back)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Bersa DEFINITELY RECOMMENDS YOU NOT repeat NOT USE STEEL CASE AMMO. They have announced it on the Bersachat.com website as well as their own web forum linked off their website. TULA steel expands and gets stuck in the chamber after a semi-auto pistol heats up and when it does, the extractor will leave scrapes on the spent case. I suspect their concern is excess wear on the extractor. I would guess Tula would be fine in a revolver. Glad you enjoyed the Bersa; they are fine weapons. Check out bersachat.com as well.

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm finished with cheap foreign ammo. I was done anyway, just shooting the last piece of a box of Tula, and Monarch.
I am impressed with the Bersa 380.

·
Registered
251 Posts
We've got a pair of same Bersa's at work I was thinking about picking up to keep with me in the truck and for the wife to carry

·
Registered
29,933 Posts
Bersa Thunderlight .380's are a well kept secret.

If you want something as sexy as a Walther PPK, and more reliable than a SIG 230, with more options for less than half the money, get one of these puppies. ;)

·
Registered
29,933 Posts
Bersa Thunderlight .380's are a well kept secret.

If you want something as sexy as a Walther PPK, and more reliable than a SIG 230, with more options for less than half the money, get one of these puppies. ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I enjoy my Bersa .380. The only ticky tack problem I have with it is that it tends to pinch the webbing of skin between my thumb and forefinger when gripping it while firing. Moondawg hit it right on the head with the reasons to consider a Bersa.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Ya' gotta love them Bresa T380's. I also have the Bersa T22, pretty much the same pistol but chambered in .22.
I'm glad ya' like it!

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Bersa just came out with a new 380, looks interesting... I like how it has a blackened stainless slide now, looks like dovetailed sights to so maybe we'll see nightsites in the future. Bersa's upping their game I'd say. Don't care for the slide engravings though but I like the rear serrations. I woulda rather of had a clean slide with some serrations and that's it.

Eagle Imports, Inc., importers of the popular Bersa line of firearms, reveal the new Bersa Thunder .380 Combat pistol featuring a sleek, modern design and enhancements. A low-profile, redesigned slide allows for quicker sighting and target acquisition. The new, larger slide serrations and combat sights give the Thunder Combat that “all-business” rugged look. The ergonomically designed, rubber grip wrap with finger grooves allows for a quick and absolutely sure grip that provides comfort as well as confidence. The trigger guard has been rounded, and the beavertail made smoother and smaller for a no-snag carry, draw and holstering. Built on an alloy frame with a stainless steel slide and finished in a stealth matte black finish, the Bersa Thunder .380 combat has an integral locking safety system. The lightweight carry pistol has a 3.5 inch barrel with a micro-polished bore with sharp, deep rifling for unrelenting accuracy, shot after shot.

Reactions: whodog

·
Registered
36,588 Posts
Yes Sir, i am on my third Bersa thunder, every single one has been a very, very good gun for me.
and i don't know that i have had that many malfunctions out of all three of mine togther, generally very reliable weapons.
course I don't do steel boolets!

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
I want one of those "combat" models now that things slick. I'm sure it won't be out for awhile Bersa just announced it acouple days ago. I always like seeing new models come out :)

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now I'm wondering just how fat the grip is on the Thunder Plus (15 rounds)?

·
Registered
251 Posts
The only thing I don't like about the ones we've got is the slide looks to almost have a white finish to it and looks a little off to me

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Now I'm wondering just how fat the grip is on the Thunder Plus (15 rounds)?

Check that video out it shows a good side by side. It's not really a huge difference I had the plus model and I actually liked the mag release location more. Bad part is you only get one mag with the plus and the magazines are kinda pricy, I think 49 bucks each... insane if you ask me but perhaps they came down in price since then. Would make a great home defense gun for a lady.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've been thinking about Bersa for the last couple of weeks and reading up on it. Gunblast has good things to say about both the Thunder .380 and the Thunder .22. I'm thinking that .22 would make a fun, inexpensive plinker and still be a viable toss-it-in-the-pocket gun with the right ammo. What is it about these South American gun makers making quality guns for blue collar prices? Maybe some of our home-grown builders will learn a thing or two.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Bersa just came out with a new 380, looks interesting... I like how it has a blackened stainless slide now, looks like dovetailed sights to so maybe we'll see nightsites in the future. Bersa's upping their game I'd say. Don't care for the slide engravings though but I like the rear serrations. I woulda rather of had a clean slide with some serrations and that's it.

Eagle Imports, Inc., importers of the popular Bersa line of firearms, reveal the new Bersa Thunder .380 Combat pistol featuring a sleek, modern design and enhancements. A low-profile, redesigned slide allows for quicker sighting and target acquisition. The new, larger slide serrations and combat sights give the Thunder Combat that “all-business” rugged look. The ergonomically designed, rubber grip wrap with finger grooves allows for a quick and absolutely sure grip that provides comfort as well as confidence. The trigger guard has been rounded, and the beavertail made smoother and smaller for a no-snag carry, draw and holstering. Built on an alloy frame with a stainless steel slide and finished in a stealth matte black finish, the Bersa Thunder .380 combat has an integral locking safety system. The lightweight carry pistol has a 3.5 inch barrel with a micro-polished bore with sharp, deep rifling for unrelenting accuracy, shot after shot.

Hmmm... Can't wait for it to come out. I like that!!!!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I'm finished with cheap foreign ammo. I was done anyway, just shooting the last piece of a box of Tula, and Monarch.
I am impressed with the Bersa 380.
Congratulations on your "keeper"!

·
Registered
36,588 Posts
I've been thinking about Bersa for the last couple of weeks and reading up on it. Gunblast has good things to say about both the Thunder .380 and the Thunder .22. I'm thinking that .22 would make a fun, inexpensive plinker and still be a viable toss-it-in-the-pocket gun with the right ammo. What is it about these South American gun makers making quality guns for blue collar prices? Maybe some of our home-grown builders will learn a thing or two.
I have thought about the Bersa 22 several tmes and looked at a few!
the only real down side is that around here they run the same price as the 380, which you can buy the Beretta neos at or cheaper, the S & W 22, and nearly a browning buckmark.
I think its great lil, gun though.-- everybody needs at least one 22 pistol of some type.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts