Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31,748 Posts
First order of business....make sure you have a good short double barrel 12 gauge!

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Good luck Coot. Seems like a very interesting place. You don't deliver the pizzas do ya? The short dbl barrel shotgun sounds like a good investment.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Sorry about your loss, congrats on your new bar. Good luck with it.

Reactions: Armd2DaTeeth

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
My condolences on the passing of your father-in-law, and my best wishes as you take on the responsibility and "adventure" of running a bar. :cool:

Reactions: Armd2DaTeeth

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
looks like my kind of watering hole!

After working for 3 years in a live music-college town bar, those off the beaten path small town bars are my absolute favorite. The regulars keep everything in check and the drinks will put hair on yer er um chest, yea that's it hair on your chest!

Good luck with the bar, it's an easy business to either tank or prosper, treat your people right and it's just too easy! Good luck!

Also sorry to hear about the passing of your FIL, I'm sure he had a pretty good idea what he was doing when he left you with the responsibility of his favorite watering hole!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
You have my condolences and best wishes.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
I find it very sad to lose a loved one especially during the holiday season. My condolences to you and your family. Like others have said a neighborhood bar may not be Big and Flashy or filled with High Rollers, but a lot of them provide a very good income for the owner. Yes a short shotty behind the bar is not a bad thing to have now a days!

·
Registered
27,166 Posts
Shotgun seems like a bad idea in a bar. There are always likely to be innocents around. At least with a handgun - and lots of practice - you can hit what you are aiming at.

Oh, and come up with 17 different kinds of chicken wings - all of them salty :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all. It has the "regulars" customer base for sure. One has been coming in there for 52 years. It was first a garage, then barbershop during prohibition, sold ice blocks from the barbershop and after prohibition, became a bar. It was actually a stag bar til 1974. Some Bradley girls came in and demanded they be accepted. The owner then, took the door off the bathroom and said "have a good time ladies". True story..

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Sorry for your loss. My advice is to read Spider Robinson's Calahan series. All the bar tips you'll need. ;)

·
Registered
31,748 Posts
The idea behind the short barreled Double barrel is the mere showing of it settles things down real quick! Nothing says "Behave" any better than looking into those twin big bores! It is also amazing how quickly folks on either side of the bad actor can scramble to give the holder of the scatter gun a clear shot!

·
Registered
29,861 Posts
Condolences...and...best wishes.

Just two quick thoughts.

1. Nickle Beer Night

2. Wet T-Shirt contests for women over 40

Guaranteed to bring in "boomers" that spend money...;)

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Sorry for your loss, good luck with the business.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts