Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And allegedly it doesn't matter if it was imported with the brace, or you added it yourself later on. You allegedly take just take the brace off, allegedly once it's attached it's a bad gun forever. (?????) I guess just like a virgin losing their virginity, or taking a collectable toy out of it's packaging and it lowers the value of the collectable. (sarcasm)

Some of these pistols cost thousands of dollars. :(

· Registered
16,448 Posts
Sounds like the AFT is really wanting to push for a showdown as to the extent of what power to legislate that they actually have. Right now, they're using a divide and conquer method by going after the low hanging fruit first.

· Premium Member
9,805 Posts
I know what these braces are, but tell me how ATF can know you had a brace then removed it. Or am I missing something here?
...they've been listening to your Alexa...

Of course, they have access to any mail order transaction you may have had, as well as any registration data (in those states where registration exists) and any 4473 data that erroneously hasn't been destroyed.

· Super Moderator
15,858 Posts
...they've been listening to your Alexa...

Of course, they have access to any mail order transaction you may have had, as well as any registration data (in those states where registration exists) and any 4473 data that erroneously hasn't been destroyed.
Oh, surely not! :rolleyes:

· Registered
16,448 Posts
Wonder how that would apply to a C-96 broomhandle with the wooden holster?

· Premium Member
14,663 Posts
The whole thing sounds an awful lot like infringement to me. They are nothing more than an agency tasked with finding new ways to violate your rights.

· Registered
3,531 Posts
There is no doubt in my mind the ATF for decades has been scanning and saving 4473 forms.

Don't know if there's anything in the law that says they cannot make digital copies and save them. I know the form itself is supposed to be destroyed after some period of time.

Now that all the 4473 information is electronic, at least at my local pushers, it's a lot easier for them to save.

· Premium Member
9,805 Posts
There is no doubt in my mind the ATF for decades has been scanning and saving 4473 forms.

Don't know if there's anything in the law that says they cannot make digital copies and save them. I know the form itself is supposed to be destroyed after some period of time.

Now that all the 4473 information is electronic, at least at my local pushers, it's a lot easier for them to save.
If they're going to save the 4473 information electronically, the least they could do is let me review and sign instead of entering everything again and clicking all the boxes again. Of course, it isn't about convenience to the buyer, it is about data collection for the government.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts