Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got my pt111 g2. My LGS owner had ordered it last week from another shop owner friend of his. Heading to the range tomorrow afternoon. Currently cleaning and making ready so at least I get to "play" with it a little bit. This is my first Taurus and I'm excited about the weapon but I have to ask- are all new taurus pistols this heavy with cosmoline? I mean I know being shipped from brazil it's a needed step but WOW it looks like I could clean for a week on this thing.

To be clear I am in no way complaining, just curious. I will post a range report tomorrow evening and hopefully have pics to go with. Any tips from G2 owners would be appreciated.

Thanks for giving an entirely too excited grown man a place to brag about his new toy!!!

Deuce

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Well I finally got my pt111 g2. My LGS owner had ordered it last week from another shop owner friend of his. Heading to the range tomorrow afternoon. Currently cleaning and making ready so at least I get to "play" with it a little bit. This is my first Taurus and I'm excited about the weapon but I have to ask- are all new taurus pistols this heavy with cosmoline? I mean I know being shipped from brazil it's a needed step but WOW it looks like I could clean for a week on this thing.

To be clear I am in no way complaining, just curious. I will post a range report tomorrow evening and hopefully have pics to go with. Any tips from G2 owners would be appreciated.

Thanks for giving an entirely too excited grown man a place to brag about his new toy!!!

Deuce
Hello and welcome to TA.net.

Congratulations on your new friend! Just remember, as we say around here:

:nopics:

So we'll be waiting!!

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum... I hope you enjoy your pt111 G2 as much as I do mine! Appears to be a real mixed bag as far as the cosmoline goes....Mine was not bad at all... of course it could be that the LGS had done a little cleaning on their own.....

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Awesome! Let us know how it goes. Mine was pretty clean as well when I bought it.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Welcome, can't wait for the range report.

·
Registered
35 Posts
When i bought mine at lgs the one in the case wasnt too gunked up. It had a couple scratches the surface so they got me one from in back. This one was full of it, took awhile to clean

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory

So here we are good and cleaned up. Took a little bit of work to get all the cosmoline off but it cleaned up nice. Oiled and ready for the range tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congrats on the new gun and welcome to the forum. I have the same gun and love it. Mine was not too caked when I got it. I cleaned the barrel and all accessible parts before shooting for the first time and had no problems, then took it down completely. Probably should have done that first. Mine is shooting consistently low on my only two trips to the range, but before I fiddle with the sights I think I'll shoot some different loads just for comparison. I'm long overdue for a trip to the range.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So here we are good and cleaned up. Took a little bit of work to get all the cosmoline off but it cleaned up nice. Oiled and ready for the range tomorrow afternoon.
Your slidelock lever looks almost polished in that picture. Mine is the same color as the safety lever.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Funny about the cosmoline. When I brought my 145 home there was so much grease on it, I thought it was a blued gun. After a heavy cleaning, it turned out to be a Duotone model. It was like Christmas and the tooth fairy all in one!

edited for spelling

Attachments

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
29,960 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state.

State of over "1 MILLION 120 THOUSAND" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

Lots of PT-111 G2 fans here including yours truly.

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. Enjoy it often and

Welcome to the forum and the Taurus family from NJ !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts