Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
only a couple?? I think you got the better end of the deal. Nice pieces they will be fun at the range.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Is one for her?

So, what's the AR? If you're going to post the pic, you have to give details!

Steelheart

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The upper is a Rock River UTE with a Double star lower. It's my first one so I'm still learning about them, but damn fun to shoot.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I almost got a UTE but went with the fixed carry handle upper. Went with the mid-length gas action for something a little different and the short forend just feels wrong to me (too much time with M16 I guess).

1-3 weeks left until it should be here..... and I got just about everything else I want already here.

Steelheart

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice EBR. I don't care for the CX4, but it's nice as well. I have a RRA Midlength. I just bought a RRA A4 upper to swap out with the A2. I'm sending my upper to Randall at www.ar15barrels.com to turn my HBAR into a Govt Profile minus the R4 notch. Again, nice rifles!

Tyoung, how is that Bushnell Holosight? Have you been able to compare it to an Eotech?

ETA: Nice Big Toe! ;D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the compliment on the toe.(Didn't notice that till later) I really like the Bushnell. I've used both and their is no difference IMO. I got the the Bushnell because the guy who owns and put my AR together had it on his for a month then put an Aimpoint on his. Picked it up for 175.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Very nice Tyoung!

What caliber is your CX4 chambered for? I've been drawn to the design but never have bought one. The only carbine I have currently that is chambered for a pistol cartridge is my Ruger PC9. :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have the CX4 in 9mm and love it. 100yd shoots are no problem. I have been floating between a bushnell, Aimpoint and Tasco for red dot. I think the Tasco works best at co-witnessing with the factory sights. I have also used several regular scopes and find they work very nice too. Makes a good buddy to my two PT92's and they share mags too.

And yes I purchased all the extras for it with the exception of the barrel shroud, just didn't like the way it was mounted to the barrel.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The CX4 is in 9mm. I had a Ruger PC9 up untill 6 months ago. Very fun rifle, but I got tired of there being no aftermarket products for them.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Thanks Tyoung,

If I were going to get a CX4, it would probably be the 9mm version since the .45 ACP only comes with 8 round magazines. I'm not aware of any hi-caps available for the latter version, but if they're out there then it would make the .45 ACP version a lot more attractive to me (and probably to many others). :D

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I just checked budsgunshop.com and they've got the
CX4 in .40 S&W marked down to $469.99, though the
9mm is still listed around $200.00 more. grrrrrr

I couldn't help but notice the competitive pricing on the M&Ps in 9mm & .40 S&W also at $399.00. I wasn't ever even thinking of an M&P up until just recently after having read a few writes ups as well as opinions stated by owners on various forums. It appears S&W has a winner here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts