Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'd like to introduce myself, I have been frequenting the Kahr Forum, and still am a member there. I had a Kahr Elite 03 but sold it right after I got it. My next gun I bought is a Kimber Stainless Ultra Carry II, then I got a H & K UPS 40 S&W, and the last one I got is a Taurus 357 model 65. Still waiting to get my hands on it (10 day waiting period) and I should have it this coming Thursday.

I've been looking for a revolver for some time, I kind of settled on a S&W 686 but after seeing the Taurus I got it instead. The difference between the two was the deciding factor for me. The S&W looked nice but the barrel was not centered on the gun, leaning over to the right from looking at it from the front. I also looked at the Ruger gp100, but it was more than the Taurus which to me looked just as good.

If any of you have a model 65 I would like to hear from you, good or bad.

I thank you for any comments you may have.

Frank (Bravo26)

Attachments

·
Registered
24,850 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota and congrats on your new model 65

·
Administrator
35,561 Posts
Welcome to the forum ! And I think a revolver in Kalifornia makes a lot of sense.....they're not likely to try to ban 6 shooters anytime soon. ;)

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I'd like to introduce myself, I have been frequenting the Kahr Forum, and still am a member there. I had a Kahr Elite 03 but sold it right after I got it. My next gun I bought is a Kimber Stainless Ultra Carry II, then I got a H & K UPS 40 S&W, and the last one I got is a Taurus 357 model 65. Still waiting to get my hands on it (10 day waiting period) and I should have it this coming Thursday.

I've been looking for a revolver for some time, I kind of settled on a S&W 686 but after seeing the Taurus I got it instead. The difference between the two was the deciding factor for me. The S&W looked nice but the barrel was not centered on the gun, leaning over to the right from looking at it from the front. I also looked at the Ruger gp100, but it was more than the Taurus which to me looked just as good.

Frank (Bravo26)
Hello Frank and welcome to TA.net.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Welcome from Lapeer,Michigan.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts

Frank (Bravo26)
Welcome to the forum, Frank.

I own a Model 66 Taurus .357 Mag revolver, and I believe the only differences in it and a M65 is that it accommodates an additional round and has an adjustable rear sight.

I'm very happy with mine, and have to say that I am more accurate shooting it than I have been with any other revolver I've ever owned; and the recoil on the larger revolver is substantially less than it is with the M605 .357.

Reactions: silverblackman

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Welcome from South Tulsa.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Welcome from southcentral PA

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well here in CAL they're trying to pass a bill that will ban all handguns that can fire a shotshell. They are trying to say that any weapon with an ability to fire a shotshell is a shotgun, that's any weapon, any caliber. If classified as a shotgun it makes all handguns (revolver types) illegal as they would be reclassified as short barreled shotguns with a barrel length below the legal standard. Only in California can they even think of anything this stupid.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Welcome from the Palmetto state.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Hello from Central North Carolina and welcome to TaurusArmed.net! You are going to find some
friendly and knowledgeable people here.

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts