Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Another novelty round. They did not include any penetration data for the three fragments, but it sure cuts paper well.

·
Registered
21,118 Posts
cool...

·
Registered
21,118 Posts
Reactions: darbo

·
Super Moderator
40,613 Posts
I think these would be illegal in Florida. Not sure, I could only see the video and not hear it.

790.31 Armor-piercing or exploding ammunition or dragon’s breath shotgun shells, bolo shells, or flechette shells prohibited.—
e) “Bolo shell” means any shell that can be fired in a firearm and that expels as projectiles two or more metal balls connected by solid metal wire.

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Reactions: Texheim

·
Registered
21,118 Posts
Currently residing in the #5 hole of my Judge !!
How'd it preform and how many rounds did you shoot until you were satisfied that it would function properly?
It's not cheap; the link shows it at $42 for 12 rounds...

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I'd be concerned about a bullet going where I don't want it. I like my bullets to go exactly where I point them. Problem is you never know what your situation will be when you need to defend yourself, these could be the very wrong thing to have loaded. Practice and be a good shot seems more reliable imo.

·
Registered
766 Posts
We manufactured essentially the same thing back in the 1980s. Hardly innovative Just a miniaturized version of an old naval cannon round from the old days, intended to cut down masts etc.. It was a fun little gimmick when we were making them, but for 'serious social work', not very practical .

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
How'd it preform and how many rounds did you shoot until you were satisfied that it would function properly?
It's not cheap; the link shows it at $42 for 12 rounds...
Definitely not cheap, but that was not the biggest problem. I have no access to ballistic gelatin, so I could not replicate the tests
that Shooting The Bull has so professionally posted in our behalf. I have taken his word for penetration data.

Basically, I wanted to see what the recoil characteristics were, and if I could hit center of mass at 7 to 10 feet. I have fired a grand total
of 5 whole rounds, so I guess my data are inconclusive, but it was OK from a recoil standpoint- very similar to a .45LC- and I did put 5 holes
in the plywood- Big Holes- all pretty well placed, but it was one shot at a time, no rapid fire!

I wanted to recover a pretty starfish slug to show off to my friends, but I think you need ballistic gell for that.

·
Registered
24,809 Posts
Definitely would not use this ammo in a hostage situation

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Looks pretty close to the Hornady!

·
Registered
36,676 Posts
Just get the new bullet designed for the Remington R51!

Nuclear Style!
Does it also come in a hollow point?
I want something for defensive purposes!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts