Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i started with a gen1 pt111 and love it, i have put about 600 rounds without a hitch...i also have a glock 26 and i just bought a pt809...ready to shoot it but the feel and the trigger on this gun is great...the guy was trying to get me to buy the sig 9 but i think i found a new love in taurus...the main things with the 809 (i know some have some of the same things but...) i am left handed so it works...the feel is great...breakdown like a glock...plus its a sharp looking gun...i do have 1 question...my pt111 i bought off a co-worker so this is my first new taurus, my question is do i have to fill out the warranty card and send it in to get the lifetime warranty??? any info will help

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
do i have to fill out the warranty card and send it in to get the lifetime warranty?
No. But you will have to pay the shipping charges for sending it to the factory.

·
Registered
18 Posts
so this is my first new taurus, my question is do i have to fill out the warranty card and send it in to get the lifetime warranty??? any info will help
You can go on-line to the Taurus web site and register it there. Much quicker and easier than the mail-in card.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Congrats on your purchases! Can you give us a little bit of info on how you feel about the DAO trigger on your 1st gen PT111? I saw a 1st Gen PT140 at a good price, so I have been curious.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Congratulations on your new Taurus!

·
Registered
29,933 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state. :cool:

You're gonna love your PT111, lots of fans of this model here including your's truly!

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Congrats on your new range toy!!! I know you will enjoy it, but be safe!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys...appreciate the help...and i will have a range report...well revolver fan, me personally am not bothered by the dao trigger, i know there is a lot of travel but as a carry gun i feel better with it because i think there is less chance of accidental dicharge.imo...and i love to shoot so much and put so many rounds thru my guns i know that trigger pull for my carry is natural and i really dont notice it!!!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Congrats on the PT809! I got one several weeks ago and I love the feel and balance. Can't wait to get some time to shoot it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i shot it today and boy was i impressed!!! 250 rds and no problems...its smooth will little recoil and easy recovery...the only problem that i noticed was when i shot the first clip about half of the casings were in my shirt pocket...the more rounds i put through it the less it would do it...any thoughts???? will that get better or go away after its broke in???

·
Registered
703 Posts
It'll get better but it won't stop IMO. My PT809 has shot 2400 rounds, and it still occasionally sends a case through my hair.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts