Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I figured I just couldn't be outgunned by all you Texas guys and your .45s, so I just had to add this to the collection, the PT145 MilPro. Might try to get out this afternoon for an initial test drive.

http://www.hunt101.com/?p=469677&c=500&z=1"]
[/url]

I like the size, weight and feel of it, and glad to see Taurus provides two mags. This one did come with a warranty card, my last Taurus didn't.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: New Addition To The Arsenal

Of course I had to take it out and give it a try right away. I figured since it had warmed up to +12 degrees this afternoon, this would be a good time, since its supposed to get cold in the next couple of days! THe good news is the new PT145 gobbled up a box of American Eagle 230gr FMJ without a hitch right out of the box. Although the first half a dozen initial rounds were low......

http://www.hunt101.com/?p=469701&c=500&z=1"]
[/url]

I started hitting more in the middle at the end of the first mag and subsequent mags. (The upper left holes are from the KT P3AT, I had to try some new ammo in my BUG as long as I was at the range.) The PT145 has virtually no "kick", it is really pleasant to shoot. I may switch to this for a winter carry gun after I put a few more rounds through it to make sure everything is OK. I'll need to try some JHP carry ammo to assure proper function. Overall, very pleased. Excellent value for $320.00. I highly recommend.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Michaelfm, congrats on your purchase! One of Taurus' best IMO. But I'm kinda biased seeing as I have the older PT-145 Millenium (before Pro). I bought mine used a little over a year ago.

I shot it so much I broke the fp spring. Not knowing as much about repair then, I sent it back to Taurus and in two weeks it was returned with new firing pin, spring, trigger and slide release! Minor problem and good, quick, CS.

I have put over 400 rounds through it since then, and I am confident enough that it rides with me every day. Enjoy! :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Michael,

You crack me up. We were only trying to lead you in the right direction. We know a good thing when we shoot it and we only wanted to share the knowledge. I hope you have as good an experience with your PT-145 MilPro as I have with mine. It has been unwaveringly reliable from the first shot until today, 2 years and some 3000+ rounds later. I have found that shooting MagTech 230gr. FMJ and Federal 230gr. HydraShoks, both shoot to the same spot, and to point of aim at 15 yards. Both rounds have fed flawlessly and always gone off first time the firing pin strikes the primer. But if they didn't there's always that second strike capability with this gun.

My gun is my daily pocket carry and BUG behind my 1911's. I have carried it so much the blueing is wearing off the slide. Thinking about sending it out to be industrially hard chromed to a matte finish or I might just look for a stainless version.

Good Luck and Happy Shooting,

tex

·
Registered
625 Posts
Congrats on the PT145. As I have stated in the past, it is one awesome little gun. Now, I just need to change those stupid sights out...

Todd

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
It's nice to see someone discover that we're not just bragging! Actually the Millennium series has always been an outstanding little gun, but the PT145 is really impressive when you count that it shoots 10 .45 acp, it is one of the smallest guns of any caliber (Kel-Tec excepted) and it is such a smooth shooting gun. Welcome to the .45 group!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Nice! Welcome to the group that does not have to constantly rationalize if 9mm personal defense ammo will expand properly. :)

·
32,737 Posts
Just means you guys are slow heavy weights and the 9mm. crowd is the low drag high speed winners. :loco: :clap: :p ;D Won't get into the 9mm.vs .45ACP debate. De bate is for de catching de fish. ;D :D :) And I have one .45ACP pistol although it is a Ruger.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The PT145 isn't all that much bigger than my KT P11, so I think it'll make a great carry gun. I've got so much 9mm ammo, though, the KT will have to stay around, along with its partner, the JA Nine "gangsta gun". Always good to have a backup if the primary needs to make the trip to Florida.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
Congrats on the new gun! Glad to hear you like it. I'm completely satisfied with mine.

I must admit, mine has been getting some nice attention lately. It rides on my hip every chance I get.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Noticed yours came with the accessory rail, so yours is the 3rd gen? I've wanted one but heard things, good and bad.
But my hopes is with the third gen's. Any one with a 3rd gen problem tell me about it before i try and purchase. 1st and 2nd gen need not apply.
Keep up posting. ;D

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
My best estimation is that the vast majority of these guns shoot well out of the box and continue to work well. I have a 3rd gen and it works great. I've talked to enough 2nd gen... and even the infamous 1 gen... that the flaws were a rare exception and not the rule. BTW... it isn't the rail that identifies the 3rd gen... it is the dovetail Heine sights.

Remember Shakespere... The good that men do is oft intered with their bones, but the evil often outlives them.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks to all of you guys bragging about this gun I can't wait till the next gun show that is coming in april so I can grab up one of these little guys. I hope I can find one, the last show I went to I got my PT 92 AF, but I was looking for a PT1911 and nobody had one, this time I'm gonna get there the first night and see if I can snag the gun I really want. This one must be good if everyone on here has said nothing but good things about it, but I want to make sure to get the 3rd generation so I don't have many problems. Is the dovetail sight the only way to tell or are there other defining features?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The serial number would be a good identifier. Mine is recent production, and begins with serial number "NZLxxxx".

·
Registered
13 Posts
Michaelfm; I picked a PT145 in SS up last week from Sportsmans Warehouse for $329 and went to the range with 100rds of CCI Blazer ammo, didn't clean it or anything before as I wanted to see how reliable it was. Well let me tell you "I LIKE IT". Great little gun no FTF's or FTE's with the nasty CCI ammo. Took it home and cleaned it really well and now I think I'll use it to re-qual for my CHL in a couple of weeks. Hope you enjoy yours as much as the rest of us do......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts