Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just added this beauty to my collection. Picked it up at the local gun show yesterday. I had already been looking at it and it was right at the entrance of the gun show when we arrived so it was fate lol. And the gear up promotion made it a no brainer with 3 free magazines to go with the 2 it already comes with.

Attachments

·
Registered
24,940 Posts
Congrats on your new slide gun.

Reactions: AbaddonRain

·
Administrator
35,713 Posts
Look at that hammer on your XD ! I like that, congratulations and a range report is definitely in order.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Why not tell us a little bit about it?

·
Registered
29,877 Posts
Nice new XD!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why not tell us a little bit about it?
Well the only thing I can tell you is that I picked it up mainly because of the hammer. Something about those hammers, it reminds of my PT809 but in a smaller package.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Went to the range yesterday and put 225 rounds down range without a single issue so now it is officially my carry gun. Shot all winchester white box and 1 mag of Federal HST 124 grain just to test it. Accuracy was on point, even at 15-20 yards. The gun is bigger than the PT111 G2 but when carrying the xD-E it almost feels like it isn't even there. Probably due to how thin it is, I have no issues with it hitting the seat belt buckle when getting in my car either. And to top it off my 3 extra magazines from the Springfield gear up promotion just arrived!

Attachments

·
Registered
37,064 Posts
I really like the Springfield cause it tells me where to grip the gun, I just hate it when I find that I am holding my pistol upside down and the muzzle pointed at me. all this gun stuff is just so confusing!!
I find it very difficult to put the gun back in the holster when holding the barrel at the muzzle as well.
they really came up with a great idea putting that grip Zone on the gun.
now IF I could just figure out how to get them Boolletts in that clippy thang facing the right direction.

Reactions: ColoradoJim

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I love my PT809 since it was my first gun but it is nearly impossible to find extra magazines anywhere. Going to the gun range with only 2 magazines sucks. The xDE came with 2 magazines, then got 3 more free from Springfield and then I purchased 2 more from ebay. Wish I could find even 2 more for the PT809 because I love shooting it.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Nice pistol! I have been looking at that particular model as well...same with you, I like the hammer.

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
Can't see the pics on Tapatalk, which ain't your fault as Tapatalk does not manage pics well.

But, what model is that?

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
38,003 Posts
I love my PT809 since it was my first gun but it is nearly impossible to find extra magazines anywhere. Going to the gun range with only 2 magazines sucks. The xDE came with 2 magazines, then got 3 more free from Springfield and then I purchased 2 more from ebay. Wish I could find even 2 more for the PT809 because I love shooting it.

Toss a Wanted to Buy post in the Classifieds section...you may find somebody with some to sell. Thanks for the range report...I've been wanting a Springfield in 45 ACP for a while now.

·
Registered
8,862 Posts
Congrats, nice pistol!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts