Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up a new 3rd gen PT111 with the heinie and the SA/DA trigger. cleaned it out (not pristine, just to get any factory goop out and oiled it a bit) and put 40 rds thru it before it got dark. will run it to death tomorrow and see what happens. i love it so far. any visual crud or flaws are from the 40 rounds or the fault of my getting too close for my camera lens, there are no evident flaws in the finish.

·
Super Moderator
21,806 Posts
Looks like a winner to me

·
Registered
212 Posts
Great looking piece... love those Milleniums. They're badass guns. When I bought my Millenium I had a hard time deciding between a 9mm and .40. The 9mm gives you more rounds and would be great for target practice. But I eventually went with .40 because it could share ammunition with my other auto, and that round is a bit meaner. There are virtues to both calibers. Would still consider a 9mm in future.

Anyway have fun with it.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Yes, I love my PT111, actually so much that I went and bought a 9mm revolver, so I have both to shoot. I am close to 750 rd thru mine, with flawless performance.

·
Administrator
40,396 Posts
Nice. I really like mine as well. Mine is second generation DAO. My carry is PT145, but once in awhile I sneak out with the 9mm. They both fit the same holster very well. Enjoy your new aquisition. :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
76 Posts
:DYep, great gun..I bought my wife the stainless version and she loves it. She also loves my PT 145 Mil Pro and my PT 1911. Actually she prefers to shoot the .45 but feels the PT111 is easier to carry. Good luck with your purchase! ;D

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys for all the good words! but to be serious for a moment, this may not be my pistol after all. after shooting it last night, i think my wifey Rottie has claimed it for her own. i may have to get something else for myself. maybe i'll let her do the review. :D

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
250 rounds thru so far, perfect function. if i get another 5 boxes thru this one without fail, i'm calling it my new CCW.

oh, BTW, i have one little problem with the finish. my fobus is scratching the blue off of the nose of the slide on the starboard side. big deal, that can be easily fixed. i'm a functionality guy, that don't bother me.

·
Administrator
40,396 Posts
Stand up and be a man! Don't let a woman run your life. Tell her , what's yours is yours. She needs to get her own. I'm the big cahuna at my hacienda.(Lest you ask you know who.)
Holster wear gives a piece character. My two pennies. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
21,806 Posts
Fobus are a little hard on guns bluing, polymer holsters are like that you get a little better wear out of leather.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Very nice! Well if the wife acquires it, perhaps she'll be extremely receptive to the idea of more Taurus purchases in your future. Just because you were so kind to let her have or at least share co-ownership of the PT-111. :p

·
Administrator
35,632 Posts
Hey Smoke !!! Your wife wants you, NOW !!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just got my 3rd gen PT111 about a month ago. Put 100 rounds through it so far. The only problems I had were because of the reloaded ammo. O put factory loads in and they came out without a hitch. I have a Crossbreed holster that was originally made for my 24/7 9mm, but the 111 fits is very sweetly. I need a fanny pack for summertime wear. I am using Corbon DPX in it right now, but want to switch to Hornady TAP.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Taurus_9mm said:
Very nice! Well if the wife acquires it, perhaps she'll be extremely receptive to the idea of more Taurus purchases in your future. Just because you were so kind to let her have or at least share co-ownership of the PT-111. :p
Thanks for the words of encouragement, but my Jonyrotten needs none LOL. I'm the proud owner of a Taurus PT24/7 in .40 and a 607 .357 Magnum revolver. We are already looking at the next one, a Taurus 1911. BTW I put about a 100 of those rounds thru the PT111. I like that little pistol!! :D :D

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rottie said:
Thanks for the words of encouragement, but my Jonyrotten needs none LOL. I'm the proud owner of a Taurus PT24/7 in .40 and a 607 .357 Magnum revolver. We are already looking at the next one, a Taurus 1911. BTW I put about a 100 of those rounds thru the PT111. I like that little pistol!! :D :D
isn't that the truth!! rottie is the most awesome girl in existence. she did put 100 or more rds thru the new 9, and kicks ass with her .357. she even shoots my .45ACP and my .44 mag, she don't give a hoot. (all TAURUS by the way) dat's my baby!! what a fine fine Lady!!

·
Administrator
35,632 Posts
I'll talk to the moderators and see if they can get you both your own private chat room..... :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
You guys are too funny!! :D :D :D Jony and I put another box thru her tonight. Sweet shooting pistol!!! I started tonight really working on technique with it, working on targeting and not just trying to blast thru the rounds to prove reliability. I'm past getting the feel for it and rapidly becoming more used to the feel and aiming on it. I had already noticed this was a very accurate pistol for the barrel length and tonight really proved that point to me. For a small, compact, short barrel pistol, this is one very sweet shooter!!! I am quite impressed with the accuracy of this little conceled carry pistol!! :D :D This one is getting an A+++++++ from me!! ;)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Nice Rottie...glad to hear that. I feel the same way about my PT145.

Still working on the private room for you and jony. ;) :D :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Little update for everyone on this little sweetie of a pistol. We finished off putting 500 thru it tonight. No failures, no misfeeds, no problems. The PT111 performed flawlessly thru our personal little torture test. I'm going to field strip and clean tonight and definatly count on this one for reliability and accuracy for a personal carry!! I'm still very impressed for the accuracy for a short barrel personal protection pistol. LOL spent the last few rounds chasing cans down thru my back acreage with it. I would shoot one, pop it up and then shoot again when it landed to pop it up till it got out of range. I've had a lot of fun with this project!! :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts