Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
UPDATE:
I sent the revolver in to their warranty department on either the 24th or the 25th.... I had been told there was a 4 week lead time on repairs.
I got the gun back today. They said they replaced the firing pin, and the hammer and firing pin springs. The note also said they had test fired 16 rounds of CCI ammo.
The action seems a little stiffer than before, but I put 3 or 4 empties in it and dry fired them. The firing pin indents look pretty good. Now I just need to hit the range and see what happens... I'm very pleased with my first encounter with their warranty folks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Absolutely! We are going to Lubbock tomorrow, but I think I'll have a chance to try it out there.... our son and his wife have about 20 acres south of town, and we can shoot there, sometimes. if not, there's a shooting range a couple of miles east of him. Fingers crossed...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I only had about 15 minutes to test fire, had to drive down a dirt road and shoot it into the bar-ditch... First cylinder, the second round did not fire, but all the others did, and the dud went off the second time I dropped the hammer on it.
The second cylinder full all went bang, no problems.

This was all Fiocchi, so I'm wondering if it might be ammo related? I had some CCI, but didn't have a chance to try it. That is what Customer Service said they used for test firing.
Good news is that, even though it's slightly heavier, the DA trigger pull is still very smooth.

More shooting is required.... :cool:

21 - 26 of 26 Posts