Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received a new 941 in 22mag. Shot maybe 50 rounds through it before the problem developed.

Every so often something inside gets mis-alined keeping the hand that rotates the cylinder from doing its job. I can cock the hammer and shoot in SA; but the problem seems to arise during DA shooting.
Its as if the hand attached to the trigger is not able to move up and rotate the cylinder. Most of the time a good shaking or sharp slap with correct the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this? And if so what was the solution?

Also, do I need to speak to someone at Taurus before returning?

thanks

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
You did do a thorough clean and relube of the gun? It could be as simple as that? It could be loose ejector rod, and star.

Hard to say without seeing the gun.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Seems like a lot of people have had trouble with the cylinder gap, if it is too tight it will bind from the carbon build up on the front of the cylinder after firing. I would try cleaning it paying special attention to the front of the cylinder and see if the problem goes away temporarily. If you have a feeler gauge measure the gap after cleaning, I am not sure what the spec is but there should be at least a few thousandths gap between the cylinder and forcing cone.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
.003-.009". The smaller the gap, the less velocity loss. However, the smaller the gap, the quicker it fouls, especially in rim-fires. All too often, as well, the fact that heat from firing causes localized swelling of the metal as it heats up, can alter the clearances a little.

Check that the ejector rod hasn't started to unscrew, as well, and that the area under the star is clean. Might want to make sure that the screws on the gun are snug, as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, guys, thanks for all the input.

The revolver was cleaned before first shooting and it is still clean.
When it locks up, the cylinder can be turned easily.
I feel the problem is something inside getting out of time or alinement and so did the Taurus rep I just spoke with.
They emailed a shipping label to return for repairs.

Will update on how this works out, but who knows when.........

gig

1 - 5 of 5 Posts