Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I have two Taurus & Rossi revolvers already, but this 905 has been sitting there for at least 8 months looking lonely!

Actually, this dealer had gotten 8 of them last fall, and he had mine and another left.

This will definitely be my BUG!,unless I can talk the wife into using it for her car. :) It was barely heavier than a light weight 850, and felt like half the weight of my 6 rd 357 Rossi. It is also just a bit smaller than my JUDGE! Besides, I already had a nice paddle holster that fits it (I did not want to ship the holster back, so I bought a gun to fit it.) :D

If you can think of any more excuses for me as to why I bought this, post em here, before the wife gets home from work. :rolleyes:

Any body, know a source for Moon clips for it besides Taurus. I know Midwayusa, CheaperthanDirt do not have them.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Robby said:
If you can think of any more excuses for me as to why I bought this, post em here, before the wife gets home from work. :rolleyes:
Well you could tell her your PT111 wouldn't fire some of the 9mm ammo you have so buying the gun was more economical and safer than just throwing the ammo away.

·
Administrator
35,117 Posts
Where is Doc Venkman when you need him?

THIS....LINK.....IS.....WORTHLESS.....WITHOUT.....PICS.....!!!!!

Regards.

·
Administrator
35,117 Posts
well, I know who I'm gonna call...........

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
texastaurusguy said:
Where is Doc Venkman when you need him?

THIS....LINK.....IS.....WORTHLESS.....WITHOUT.....PICS.....!!!!!

Regards.
Well check the Revolver pictures thread. I posted there first sir!!!

·
Administrator
35,117 Posts
Man oh man, you're gonna make me go all the way to the gallery....?!? I'll bet you're the kind of guy to invite somebody over, then tell them to latch the outhouse door when they have to go...... :p

Sorry, Robby, not seeing your pics under Revolvers.....are they under your handle? Gunny is VERY upset with you.......

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
texastaurusguy said:
Man oh man, you're gonna make me go all the way to the gallery....?!? I'll bet you're the kind of guy to invite somebody over, then tell them to latch the outhouse door when they have to go...... :p

Sorry, Robby, not seeing your pics under Revolvers.....are they under your handle? Gunny is VERY upset with you.......

Qwiks we need some homework for him!! He cannot find anything!!

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=4786.30
Close to the last post!!

·
Administrator
35,117 Posts
Nice gun Robby,very nice.....

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I know the 905 is supposed to be discontinued, just like the 45 colts (which I also want one of). So I ordered several sets of the Stellar clips for 905 direct from Taurus so I will be able to use it for a long time. (nobody else had them in their lists that I could find.) It sure makes a nice pocket gun, yeah I know I could have gotten an 85 (same size gun), but so far 9mm is still cheaper to buy and shoot for a while longer.

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I still have not gotten to shoot the 905, but tomorrow I hope too. I had to wait for phone calls the last two day, and Dr's are not really good at calling you back. I will print off some targets tomorrow morning, and hit my home range after the dew gets off the grass. I think I will only shoot revolvers tomorrow, so I do not have to search for brass.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Nice looking little revolver. :p Well done!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bought my 905 several years ago and carry it about half of the time. The only place I was able to get the stellar clips was from Taurus also.
I like the idea of having multiple platforms that use the same ammo so it eliminates having to purchase a lot of different caliper PDA.
I recieved a catalog from Taurus earlier in the year that stated they were going to bring back the 9mm revolver.
Mine is in stainless with the concealed hammer for when I just want to carry in pocket holster.
Enjoy it! I really like taking mine to the range.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
According to Taurus the 905 is made in limited runs every year since its inception. Many of these tend to go to LE agencies as a BUG for officers using 9mm.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Robby,

I have a 905 that I use as my BUG. I have had it for about a year now and have put several thousand rounds through it. Anyway, about 6 months ago a friend of mine who carries the 905 as his primary told me that he doesn't use the clips. The only thing the clips are for is easy extraction of the spent cartridge. The cylinder wall has ridges that stop the cartridge from going in to far so the gun will go bang every time. Well i gave it a try and he was right. The rounds go in just perfect, and when all five are shot, I open the cylinder and tip upside down and all just fall out with out using the extractor rod. I have put over 1000 rounds through it this way without one failure. I am not sure if it will work with yours, but you may want to give it a try.

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had already checked out the chambers. they looked like they would work without the stellar clips. If I get to shoot today I probably will give it a try. If my main 9mm PT111 goes down while in action, I could pull the mag and reload the 905 from it, after I fired my 5!

·
Super Moderator
34,952 Posts
I'm fortunate. I have so many guns my wife can't tell when I get a new one. :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts