Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellas,

I received my 809 yesterday - first Taurus - and I've got a couple questions about it. Thanks to the write-up on the detail strip, I did remove the trigger group and the hammer group to clean off all the shipping gunk.

Two questions:

My locking block in the receiver has a small hole on the left side. Is this normal? In the detail strip thread, you can see in his photos there are two holes in his locking block (on either side). Looks like a natural artifact of the MIM process, and probably won't affect function, just wanted to make sure it is normal.

Also the trigger....in SA mode, is the large amount of take up normal? The trigger breaks at the very end of the travel with no over-travel at all. Not a bad thing, just wanted to make sure that too was normal.

Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One other thing as well....I really wanted to clean the firing pin and channel before taking it out, but that backing plate doesn't want to come off. I went so far as trying to pry it out of the slot with a thick punch leveraged against the slide. Didn't budge at all. I'd like to get it apart before firing....any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Removing the firing pin on the 809 looks to be similar to my 745. The backing plate has a hole in it that a nub on the firing pin goes in. You just depress the nub and the backing plat will slide down and you can pull it out.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
My locking block in the receiver has a small hole on the left side. Is this normal? In the detail strip thread, you can see in his photos there are two holes in his locking block (on either side). Looks like a natural artifact of the MIM process, and probably won't affect function, just wanted to make sure it is normal.

Also the trigger....in SA mode, is the large amount of take up normal? The trigger breaks at the very end of the travel with no over-travel at all. Not a bad thing, just wanted to make sure that too was normai

my 809c has same hole on left side. trigger travel is normal this is a second strike pistol shoot 1 time no fire auto allowes to shoot second shot with out doing any thing except pulling trigger i beleive this is what gives the longer trigger pull also when shooting after shot ease up til feel trigger come back this allows rapid fire or double taps im sure some one on here will be allong with the technical terms and a better exsplaination.

jhp

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So the locking block is normal, got it. I suspected it was, just wanted to confirm.

Now, for the firing pin backing plate...I understand how it can be removed - I'm just saying that mine is immovable. Guess it was just a very tight fit, the factory pressed it in and now it's not coming out. Hopefully I'll never have to take it off. In the meantime, i have sprayed cleaner into the firing pin channel from the breech and firing pin block to remove any packing grease. Hopefully that will be sufficient and I won't have to get in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts