Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased new 740 slim Tuesday. Field stripped and used Gun Scrubber and compressed air to clean. Lubed and went to range today. First three shots were 2" high and 2" left. Had a few low lefts that were cured by a firmer grip plus the off hand thumb in the recess near the front of the frame. Extremely please with the action and accuracy after I got used to it.

I have the usual 6# DA trigger with the SA breaking at an estimated 9# (my scale reading stops at 8#).
In 58 rounds of mixed ball and HP, I had two cases where the SA function did not set after firing. The resulting DA pull was so sweet I am going to ask Taurus if they can disable the SA completely.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
:clap:Congrats on your new PT740 Slim!

I'm a real fan of mine.
02 - 740 Slim.left slant.JPG

·
Registered
36 Posts
Tell me, What Holster would you recommend for daily carry, prefer IWB
Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
10,439 Posts

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
Thanks
Jim
I use DeSantis for my 709 & 740 - IWB 106 Sof-Tuck w/adj. cant - rides high and comfortable all day. Adjustable cant is nice feature and adj. to clothes I'm wearing for best conceal., shirt tucked or out. Sometimes use 031 Insider - conceals really well, rides low and comfortable all day, shirt out only. With jacket or vest use N38 The Nemesis pocket holster. I'll post a picture shortly (I hope - having camera problem) .

EDIT: Add the new 4ART Remora to the lot along with single mag holders marked 709 and 740 so I don't grab the wrong spare mag when headed out. Have had the Remora for just a short time, but really like it. Great for elastic only waste bands for shorts or casual pants.

Attachments

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks
Jim
I strong recommend the N82 (N8 squared). I use it with my 3 Inch 1911 and it is extremely comfortable

1 - 6 of 6 Posts