Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife bought me the 740 slim for Christmas, finally took it to the range a couple weeks ago. Love the pistol so far. Recoil takes some getting used to. Own a modified XDm .40 and wanted something smaller in the same caliber. I'm looking for parts and magazines. Anybody have some good links? I am looking for trigger bars to shorten trigger pull, not decided on reducing weight of trigger pull yet. I've only put 150 rounds through it so far.

Thanks to everyone and anyone for the help.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm still fairly new at Taurus ownership, but from what I understand, there is almost nothing aftermarket for these guns. No extended mags, no night sights (there is an aftermarket set, but they don't glow...), no custom triggers, guide rods, or anything. Also, modifying the guts will certainly void your lifetime warranty. Cerakoting it will void it, if you break it down beyond field stripping to do so.

Not the answer I'm sure you were looking for, but Taurus has been extremely tight with licensing parts for these so far, it seems. I'm sure someone here can shed more insight on the hows and whys, however.

Later!

·
Registered
24,809 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Welcome from Rhode Island!

I've not shot the PT740 but I do own a PT709 and it's a great gun. Wishing you luck with yours as well!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
​Welcome from the Gulf Coast of Florida!

·
32,659 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin.

As far as I know you'll have to call Taurus Customer Service number at 1-800-327-3776 and ask if they have any in stock.

Online stores and suppliers have
unfortunately.

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
As Qwiks draw said, I'd call Customer service for the parts. I wouldn't count on having them send you any though. They have a fairly restrictive parts policy.

As to magazines. I don't know where you are, but for spare magazines for my 740, I went to Academy Sports. Mine didn't have them, they offered to get them from another location but it was faster for me to just go to that store.

Enjoy the 740, its one of my most carried firearms!

Welcome from North Texas!

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Enjoy the 740. It's a great CCW. Will admit there isn't much available to pimp it up; mags are feast or famine, but will be available again; internal parts outside of replacement recoil spring, you're pretty much SOL. I know there are aftermarket sights, as some here have them.

Reactions: Qwiks draw

·
Registered
200 Posts
. . .Recoil takes some getting used to. . .
I agree with that! Some Traction Grips and a Pearce mag extension helped tame it.

Good luck with yours!

Reactions: Qwiks draw

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Welcome from Almost Heaven, WV!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts