Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a new PT738 TCP yesterday at a local gun store. They were continuing their black friday sale until they sold out so I got one with an extra eight round magazine for $169. It was impossible to pass up especially since I have gotten rid of all my pocket guns. I was curious if anyone had any self defense ammo recommendations? Any pocket holster recommendations? Thanks you

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Nice deal.
Pocket holster - desantis superfly

Ammo-federal hydrashok or lehigh xtreme penetrators (make they cycle well)

·
Super Moderator
40,478 Posts
Congrats on the TCP, with 2 magazines that is a great price. What ever SD ammo you pick make sure it cycles properly. Also there is a video series by one of the members here testing different ammo.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Congrats on a great deal and even better gun!

·
Banned
2,401 Posts
I just picked up a new PT738 TCP yesterday at a local gun store. They were continuing their black friday sale until they sold out so I got one with an extra eight round magazine for $169. It was impossible to pass up especially since I have gotten rid of all my pocket guns. I was curious if anyone had any self defense ammo recommendations? Any pocket holster recommendations? Thanks you
Ammo from a great Iowa company= SRA

Holster from ebay

·
Registered
36,115 Posts
Holster will depend on how you plan carry it (front /rear pocket) and if you are a righty or a lefty.
as for ammunition thats easy!
Find what works 120% of the time In the weapon.
usually it will be more than one brand/type, if so then choose what is the most accurate for you.

·
22,070 Posts
Reactions: jamain

·
Registered
24,546 Posts
Congrats on your new TCP.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. Does anyone have a recommended tool for taking the TCP apart without scratching the slide up?

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new pistol.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Thanks guys. Does anyone have a recommended tool for taking the TCP apart without scratching the slide up?
Fingernail, credit card, guitar pick, something thin and plastic. Mine comes out easy enough using my fingers.

·
22,070 Posts
Getting it apart is easy. Never thought of needing a tool. Yours must be tighter. The guitar pick is a good idea. Getting it back together is a common question; when you get the slide retaining pin loose, don't take it down all the way; pull it until the end of the pin is flush with the inside of the slide.

Or just wiggle the heck out of it while putting back together; it will get easier to reassemble.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Yeah, for reassembly, study the parts while you have it apart to understand what the job of the takedown pin is. Sometimes the barrel will slide back out of position during reassembly. I think it's a safe bet to point the gun downward as you put the slide assembly on and lock it back with the slide lock, then pop the pin in.

·
Super Moderator
40,478 Posts
My pin is fairly tight, I use the blase of a pocket knife to get under it and a little pressure against the frame and the pin pops up easily. Just don't push the blade against the slide to avoid scratches.

I'll try to post some pictures and maybe start a new thread on tight pins and an easy assembly method.

·
Super Moderator
40,478 Posts

·
Registered
12,089 Posts
Congratulations on the new possession, but the denizens of this forum require photographic corroboration of any claim to dispel any concern that the content of said post is NOT factitious confabulation. In other words,

:nopics:

Reactions: TrucksNCoffee

·
Registered
576 Posts
That's a great price for one with two magazines! I can also just use my fingernails to take the pin out, but if you use something plastic, or polymer I don't think you'll have to worry about scratching it. I use a Remora for my holster. The thing I like about the Remora, is that it works for both pocket carry or IWB. Good luck with your TCP!

·
Registered
122 Posts
My TCP eats ammo like a seven year old eats candy. Any and all. Congrats on your new weapon! As for pulling the pin, please don't use a knife you LIKE. You may damage the blade.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts