Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 738 and want to know what to look out for and I'm guessing it needs to be cleaned good before heading to the range with it.next on the list is a holster and mag extension for it.thanks for yalls help.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the tips MilProGuy and what part of mississippi are you in I'm from greenville moved to nw arkansas in 2003

·
32,481 Posts
Welcome from S.E. Wisconsin. That would be from the MOOOSON, DIXIE CUP line. :D:eek: :confused::loco:

I joke a lot from being from the South a lot though I'm a Beaver Dam Yankee. There's a town named that up here. :) Spent 3 or so years in Texas. About 14 years in Virginia. 1 year in Southern Turkey overseas. And now S.E. Wisconsin.

Let us know how the range session goes.

We want juicy details. :)

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
From my own experience and what ive ready by many new TCP owners on here, Is many times there is a problem when loading the first round when racking the slide.....The actual firing happens flawlessly..Things usually get better as it losens up...

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Welcome from Missouri.
I can't offer any advice on the TCP - never owned or fired one - but there are plenty on this forum who have.

·
Registered
13 Posts
From my own experience and what ive ready by many new TCP owners on here, Is many times there is a problem when loading the first round when racking the slide.....The actual firing happens flawlessly..Things usually get better as it losens up...
I have better luck when just letting the slide slide back and letting go. Dont "ride" the slide back into battery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
will be going to the range on sunday afternoon will post how it goes then. I got a pocket holster at walmart today and a box of ammo

·
Super Moderator
40,413 Posts
I use the Black Hawk pocket holster from Walmart every day. Fits great and don't even know it's there. Hope you have a good range trip!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well didn't get to the range yet took it apart to make sure it was clean and lost the pin that holds it together. Now I got to call taurus tommarrow to get one on the way .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well I called taurus today the disassembly latch is on back order so not sure when I'll get it in. I'm hoping soon ready to shoot it.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got the pin in and took it to the range yesterday ran 50 shells throught it only had one that didnt eject and one didnt want to feed love the lil gun.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts