Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I bought my taurus 709 on monday and today had the first oppertunity to shoot it! Pretty excited my prev experince being with light hunting rifles and mil. m16/9. I looked around at a few various handguns that were small, light and simple to use (at least for me) I am happy to report after near 100 rounds today everything went well!! Used remington umc might have had one ftf but i suspect it was probably me lol. Everything went smoothly gun didn't kick any more than the berrata or at least that i noticed after a while of shooting. Have to say i am happy...

I did have a question as the 2 big reasons i bought was for home defense at my current location and when i move also conceal carry what type of hollowpoints do you find work well with this model? Is it particualry choosy?

Also had NO FTE or failure to lock back on an empty mag :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Congrats on the 709. May it serve you well like mine has.

My 709 eats what I feed it. You should have no issues using 115gr for plinking after the break in period. As for your hollow point question - I use winchester PDX1 124gr +p HP. I only shot a mag of these rounds through the gun just to see if recoil was increased, there was none. The impact of the rounds was about the same at 10 ft.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Congrats on your new 709 and Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins..

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Congrats on your new gun; I also carry the PT709 with Hornady self defense 124 grain;

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congrats on your new 709!:thumb::clap:

I have a 740 and absolutely love it.:wub:

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
firestormpwr:

Forgive my rudeness!

My first words should have been...
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net, the handgun forum with the friendliest and most knowledgeable handgun folks on the world wide web!

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Welcome from N Carolina!!! Glad you like that 709!

I use Critical Defense in my 709s when carrying one of them. Use PMC for plinking....

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Congrats on your new pistol and welcome to the Pt709 Club;;

·
Registered
194 Posts
Congrats! Love mine and you'll love yours! Welcome!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts