Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 709 two weeks ago, and like many am shooting low and left. If I compensate can post a reasonable group at 10 yards. Just need to keep at it I guess. When shooting thought the SA pull was somewhat stiff so today after burning 50 roiunds or so of WWB decided to check pull weight. Took a bent welding rod and a bucket hung it off the trigger and filled until it snapped. Average for SA was 7lb 12oz. DA 7lb 4oz. Anyone have any suggestions other than sending to Miami?

·
Banned
73 Posts
I wouldn't pay any attention to the double-action pull because you'll never shoot live ammo that way.

Expect the single-action pull to smooth out somewhat. All the force is at the very end of travel as the sear is pulled down to release the firing pin. Looks to me that the friction between the sear and the pin is the main resistance and this should improve as the surfaces work in and with a little lube. At least it did in my case. For this particular break-in, dry fire is as effective as live fire and dry fire is the way to "learn" not to flinch.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the same issue. Tried everything so I went ahead and sent it in. They payed for express overnight shipping. Now just waiting for them to check it in and start repairs or whatever needs to be done.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Be sure to update when you get it back. I'm going to put a few more rounds through mine before I send it back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts