Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum. Got a 709 2 weeks ago. Great little carry pistol that shoots low and left. Also have Rossi snubby 38 and Taurus 38 6 shot 4 inch barrel.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Welcome from South Tulsa.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Welcome from North Central Florida!

·
Super Moderator
40,714 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome from South Dakota. I got a 709 Slim in February and I found out it does the same thing. I am trying my best to get back out to the range and shoot some more. Hope fully after a few more boxes it will straighten out. Just to busy!!!

·
Administrator
41,031 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!!

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome from South Dakota. I got a 709 Slim in February and I found out it does the same thing. I am trying my best to get back out to the range and shoot some more. Hope fully after a few more boxes it will straighten out. Just to busy!!!
I think I discovered the problem. When you remove the slide and then put it back on, as you move the slide towards the rear it hits the ejector. That is Part 5.02. In order to get the slide on all the way you actually have to raise it a bit to get above the ejector. I think this forces the barrel in a downward position and because the ejector is offset from the center of the slide it twists to the left. I am trying to find out if I can grind a bit of material off the ejector with a dremel tool.

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma!

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Southeast Tennessee;

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,699 Posts
Yellow Green Text Sunflower Photograph
and welcome to the 709 club.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
:wave: hi jim and welcome. good to have you here. give cs a call and see what they have to say, their good people.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Virginian. :cool:

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Welcome from Woodstock GA. If you find some of that "special stuff" to cure that low and left issue, make sure you pass it around.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts