Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't even fired a shot with this gun yet and I'm experiencing some jamming issues. It all started tonight when I tried to disassemble. I followed all the directions correctly but when I went to pull the trigger, nothing happen. I try to rack the slide all the way back but it will only go about 3/4" back and it hits a wall and the trigger will not fire. I've searched all over these forums along with many others and I have yet to find a cure for the issue. I hope it's something simple that I'm over looking and I don't have to send in this gun WITH the warranty card.

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
281 Posts
Assuming it worked before it came apart. I would say the return spring and rod issue might be the issue. Pull it back apart and double check rod is in the right place and the right way around.
P.S. Welcome :)

·
Registered
832 Posts
Don't know if this really matters but, there is no need to slide the slide back as far as you are (3/4"). I slide it back 1/8th inch at best and then complete the "normal" breakdown steps.

I just checked it and it does matter. I also can not pull the trigger if the slide is pulled aft more then 1//8th inch. Which makes sense if you think about the mechanics of the trigger mechanism and the firing pin block.

Check it again but only slide the slide back 1/8th"

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
You need to get the gun apart. You tried prying on the back like that jammed slide thread suggested?
Just a note - don't "pry" like a lever, just gently insert the screwdriver (or knife tip) into the space between the slide and frame, then TWIST it (gently as well). This prevents doing more damage, and provides an incremental increase in relief.
If this is what the problem is, you should hear a click and things free up.
I have a feeling this problem is not the same as mine was, and you don't want to scratch up the works back there if you have to send it it.

·
Registered
16,319 Posts
Pictures would help tremdously in diagnosing the issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What should I take a picture of? This is what it's doing right now: The slide only moves back 3/4" from it's forward position but it doesn't get stuck there, it just hits a wall. The trigger will not fire. The correct procedure to field dress it will not work.

·
Registered
701 Posts
So sorry UR having an issue... wish I knew what to tell you!
Go to a good Smith or back to Taurus they will do right by You
Welcome my Friend

·
Registered
123 Posts
With the slide back as far as it will go, is the barrel loose or is it tight/bound up? Is the barrel dropping down enough to clear the roof of the slide? I can't recall (others will) but I am pretty sure that 3/4" of slide movement would allow the stirker to reset.. Sounds like your barrel isn't dropping down into the lug enough...

·
Registered
11,061 Posts
The picture looks like the take-down latches have been engaged. Is that correct? Are they stuck in that position? If so, just send it back to Taurus, as there is more involved than we can diagnose via the Web. At this point, like it or not, it may well be operator error has caused an issue. It may also, and just as likely, be a burr somewhere that has been forced into the mechanism.

·
Registered
549 Posts
The barrel is loose and it does drop down fully into the slide.

This is the best I can do with two hands, I have the slide as far back as it will go in this picture:

View attachment 46680
Take a pic of the very back with out the slide pulled back at all, please

My guess is if you have cleaned it before, and cleaned it and then after re assembling it, it's most likely user error. (Not an insult just an observation)

Also, you didn't by chance use the key to "lock" the pistol did you? Can you pull the slide back 1/8" and pull the trigger?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.