Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got a chance to go out and try my birthday present to myself. Shooting Federal 158's @ 10 yards. The first two were a bit wild (is is brand new) but it settled down and made one ragged hole. Action is smooth, and the impact point is quite consistent. I do believe it will make a worthy competition pistol. I would have put more than 28 rounds through, but the temp is about 35°, and the rain predicted was fast approaching. I really like the oversize target grips, they give me really good stability without having to hold on to the pistol tightly, thereby introducing muscle tremors...I only shoot classic bullseye pistol stance, one hand, left hand in my pocket...

Group shot with my Anniversary present from my wife...also first time out:

·
Registered
901 Posts
Troll- Quite a handsome pair you have there. The grips look great too, nice that functionally the grips agree with you too. Enjoy.

Reactions: Troll

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Second range trip today. This time I was shooting PPU 158 gr FMJ. I LOVE THIS GUN!...almost as much as my PT-1911...which also likes PPU FMJ

I now have 50 rounds through it...really starting to come together.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Finally got a chance to go out and try my birthday present to myself. Shooting Federal 158's @ 10 yards.
If those rounds were fired in Double-Action mode; you have something good to work with!;)

Reactions: Mark40

·
Registered
901 Posts
I now have 50 rounds through it...really starting to come together.
Sounds like you have a winner there. Enjoy!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was single action shooting. The pistol has only got 50 rounds through it as of now. I want to get it broken in before I mess with springs and work double action. My first match, coming up in May is Bullseye, so I will be shooting both the Taurus and the Charter sin single action only....right along with my PT-1911. Later in the season there is a timed competition, so that's when I'll worry about double action.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts