Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Charter Bulldog Pug that I really like and carry for a cold weather gun, but am not sure I like the factory compensator throwing hot crude up in my face in case I would need to fire it close to my body. Besides, it has a full sized grip which is great to shoot, but hard to conceal in a jacket pocket. So logically, I could get shorter grips (yeah I know they are really called stocks). Or I could leave it alone and continue to carry it IWB which I like and get another snubbie (you can't have too many). Well, I've been thinking that I would like a CIA in .357 mag or maybe a S&W 642 or 442 in .38 special. That Airweight does look nice and carries well and could replace my KT .380. Then I stopped at my current favorite gun dealer and he had a Taurus 605, 2", blued in stock for $329 + tax.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
...I stopped at my current favorite gun dealer and he had a Taurus 605, 2", blued in stock for $329 + tax.
I'm judging from the title that you did purchase the blued 605.

I have one in matte stainless and am totally enamoured with it!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm judging from the title that you did purchase the blued 605.

I have one in matte stainless and am totally enamoured with it!
I've been having trouble with the log in lately. Somehow part of the text got cut off, but yes I did put it on lay-a-way. I'd like a SS CIA one of these days, too, for ease of care, but blued is just so classic. Might get a pair of wood stocks later, just for that classic look. Taurus grips are really easy on the hand IMHO, but kinda ugly.
Glad you like yours, too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
congrats on the 605. i have had a blued 605 for a few years now and i still love it. it is a good gun that will serve you well.
azrn

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Congratulations on your new revolver. My 6052SS has been a fine gun. It wears Hogue wood monogrips.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Enjoy the new toy

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts