Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I just purchased a PT24/7 .45 and it has issues with the magazine not properly releasing when I hit the button. I purchased 3 extra 12 round magazines. Of the 5 mags I have, three have issues just getting them out of the frame. two release fine however even these will get stuck if I run the mag dry and the slide locks back. I found that if I push the follower down through the ejection port the mag will then release.

Other than that the pistol functions just fine.

Anyone else have either of these these issues?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
35,694 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois! I have the PT 145 and have not had any issues like that. I would probably check for any burrs on the stamped cut out for the magazine release to engage and take some emery cloth to them if found. Since two release fine, it's probably not the release.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Czechbikr has some good advice, also look for any rub marks on the sides of the magazine, if there are it may be due to excessive paint and using emery cloth on these areas may also help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all. I called Taurus and they want me to ship the pistol and all the mags back. The mag sticking after the last round is stripped and the slide locks back was interesting enough to them to have a look at it. Also, the follower in one of the mags "rolls" and sticks when the round count gets to about 3-4. i took it apart and straightened it out but it happened the next time I loaded it up and then unloaded it.

I appreciate the suggestions. I will let you know if Taurus gives reasons for the malfunctions.

BTW, are there any extened magazine releases and/or metal guide rods for this pistol?

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
rockyflats:

If this is your first experience with Taurus customer service, I'll encourage you by saying that they will do their best to make you a satisfied customer.

I'll look forward to reading your posts when you get the gun back from them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts