Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new Ultra-Lite after dumping a wretched S&W 649 after it's return from them. This isn't my 1st Taurus but it's my 1st NEW one, and I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to keep it shooting for a long long time. I removed the sideplate and washed out all the hardened oil and other crap and gave everything a liberal application of Tetra L. It has a better DA pull now than my S&W did. I use only one load which I make myself, it's a Speer 158gr LHP over 4.5gr of W-231. Any suggestions welcomed !!

·
Registered
959 Posts
~Revolver Wear~
~This is nothing new to Smiths, but it may be New to You~
~Its the Best plain and simple~Get down to ACE and pick up a Tube~
~A revolver has few wear parts~Not like a Pistol, that is a thrashing machine in function~
~Take a Q-Tip, with some Super Lube, and put a thin film on the Trigger Group, Indexing Spline, and around the Forcing Cone inner frame to ease clean-up~
~Its a H1 Food Grade Industry Lubricant, which is the Highest rating on the planet, yes you could eat it~Its clear, non staining, odorless, it does not separate or cake, and Stays put in all environments~the Government is vary fussy about Lubricants working there way into the food we eat, but H1 can without hurting us~Yes they sell a Full Range of H1 Grade Lubricants~Yes I use them all, but I buy the bigger volume size containers & sprays~

~Super Lube Synthetic Grease With PTFE Teflon~Be sure to read every word~
http://l-36.com/superlube.php

·
Registered
846 Posts
Welome, you got a good gun.
SgtKnucles like that card ,lol !

·
Registered
402 Posts
Welcome from the Land of Lincoln. Looks like the Sarge is giving out homework too. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts