Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Just got my first handgun/Revolver a few weeks ago. I noticed after firing about 50 rounds through it (and missing all but 1 at a small bird target approx. 25 yards away) that the front sight is very flawed. I contacted customer service and they suggested to put a set of pliars to it to correct the angle to see if that would help, and then go from there. I thought it was a strange suggestion considering the warranty, but maybe I misunderstood the terms. Pretty disappointed that my first handgun passed through QC this flawed. The exterior design to the barrel looks quite asymmetrical as well, but that's cosmetic and ultimately doesn't bother me as much. Here's a photo of my concerns.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Did you email a couple of very clear pics to customer service? I would!!! Also, contact Taurus USA thru their Facebook page. I have used it several times and I get quick response; also, post the pics and a brief description on the Taurus fb site. Lots more people see it on fb than they do here.

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Yes, get these pix to Taurus CS!

·
Super Moderator
35,349 Posts
Looks like it might have been damaged in handling/shipment or fell off the shelf at the gun shop. My 3" 66 fell inside my safe (have re-arranged storage since) and bent the rear sight, had to re-adjust it. But, it didn't break and shoots fine.

·
Super Moderator
35,349 Posts
Another suggestion, bench the thing on sandbags at 15 yards on a B27 and see if it shoots off in windage. By looking at it, if the sight is affecting it, it should shoot to the right.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
If it were me, I would LIGHTLY tap it with a mallet and brass punch(hard rubber or brass head) and then file it square...........
Rough it up with some 800 grit sand paper and it is good too go...................
If it were me.

·
8,885 Posts
Even if you straightened the front site, it would still be off center. Send it back to Taurus if you can wait a few months for repair. Or just carefully beat it straight with a brass punch if possible. I agree like above commentors, looks like it had a fall somewhere in the factory, distributors, or the local gun store.

Reactions: FreeInAZ

·
Registered
947 Posts
15286865890391380244008_1528686633193 (2).jpg

Looks like it has a slight bend as if it'd been dropped or smacked hard. I'd probably try straightening it out. No biggy. Just be patient and take your time.

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
Here's a blown up view. It looks like a impact bend to me. Rather than wait for Taurus I'd try to fix it myself or take it to a Gun Smith.

If it came from the factory like that, shame on Taurus.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I don't know if it is a bend as much as the sight is mushroomed to the left ,in pic, right on actual firearm. It looks thicker at the top. Looks as if the excess could be filed off the 1 side to true it up. If you don't want to send back.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
That would piss me off for sure, send it back, why should you smith it yourself, let Taurus fix it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts