Taurus Firearm Forum banner

New .357 Magnum Rossi M92 20" Stainless today (Davidson's)

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  bluelund79 
#1 ·
Received my Davidson's M92 in stainless, 20" barrel .357 Magnum yesterday, but got delayed, so picked it up today. Cleaned it up a bit, worked the action a bit, then took it to the range for about 20 rounds. Fed 125 grain Remington JSP just fine - I am going to pick up some 142 gr Fiocchi tomorrow, and perhaps some 158 gr as well.

It is my first dealing with Davidson's, and it was smooth. The firearm arrived a day early, which ties in perfectly for the weekend. One of my friends that got me into shooting is visiting for the Iron Maiden concert, and we always go shooting beforehand. \m/

The rifle is beautiful. A couple of dings on the stock, and some splintered wood on top of the butt where the top of the plate meets the wood. A bit annoying, but I'll fix it. I may also smooth the sharp edges on the forearm, strip the finish, and tung oil it all. Or...

Rossi Mmm, maple.

#2 ·
Congradulations on your new Rossi. Smart move purchasing it from Davidson's. I don't think that you could have done better. I just purchased the 16" version of what you have, also from Davidson's. I have the blued finish with the oversized loop. It's a beauty! Eventually, I'd like to get the same rifle that you have. I need to check if the stainless version is legal in Cowboy Action Shooting. I'm not involved in that yet, but I might like to see what it's about. Anyhow, good luck with your 92!

Esel

#5 ·
Congratulations on your new firearm.

#6 ·
I bought the Rossi/Taurus/Braziltech M92 stainless 20" carbine in .44 mag last summer.

I bought this for a truck/atv carbine as we have lots of feral hogs running loose in my area. The stainless .44 mag works great for this!!

Not much to gripe about on mine...the wood could've been done a bit better but ain't too bad. Plus the little bolt-safety is an eye-sore which I removed and plugged. The only real functional issue I had is the simple sights didn't have enough elevation adjustment to get the gun on target. I either needed a taller front sight..or a lower rearsight. I worked the rear sight blade over with a Dremal just enough to get the gun on target at close range..which leaves plenty of elevation adjustment for longer shots.

I also moticed these have mounting holes for a scope mount base underneath the rear sight assembly. I may buy a mount and try the stainless carbine out as a scoped rifle in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.