Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello members, I recently purchased a used Taurus 357 Magnum with a 4 Inch barrel at the gun show a few weekends ago, and my only regret is not buying more defensive ammunition while I was there. I picked this piece up for a very good price due to cosmetic issues( the bluing worn off in some places, found a gunsmith through a friend of the family and going to get it taken care of as soon as I can) took it to the range and it works like a champ!

I bought some Federal 158 grain jacketed soft points for plinking, and at the show I bought a box of 135 grain Speer gold dots, and at the range some 38 special +p's. I went through the 38+p's first, lol they were nothing. My first magnum round were the Federals and WOOF, first taste of magnum, tho it was much much more manageable than I had thought it would be.

The Gold Dots I got did not kick so much as I thought they would, but the muzzle flash coming out of them was incredible, though oddly enough I was able to place my shots better with these than the Federals. I am very open to any advice you can give me on munition choices specifically for defensive purposes. Factory loaded of course from the hot to the moderate.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Central Iowa

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Daytona Beach, FL

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net!

In no time at all you will come to realize that this forum is chock full of friendly and knowledgeable Taurus guys and gals, who don't mind sharing their Taurus experiences and wisdom with others.

Fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins..

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
Howdy and Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Administrator
39,362 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well, Greetings & Welcome to the boards! You'll find this is a very friendly place (probably because everyone is armed...heh).

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Welcome!

·
Super Moderator
40,387 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Welcome thought I was reading my own post, I just bought a 4 inch Taurus 357 M689 at a gun show a few weeks ago. I love the gun looks and shoots great. can not wait to get it back back to the range. Not sure if it will be a carry gun yet due to its size, normaly I carry an old [email protected] 9mm.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Welcome from East Texas.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky!

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts