Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I finally got to take my new 24/7G2 in 9mm to the range yesterday and ran about 100 rounds through it and noticed one thing about it I was not really happy about and am looking for anyone who might have/had the same issue and what the "cure" might be. At home, with snapcaps , I thought I had a good feel for the pistol, but when I was actually firing it and paying close attention , I noticed that the trigger was moving in almost notches until it broke. The break as fine, the poundage of the break is ok, but it really seems like the trigger stacks up or binds and releases and then binds again. If I could get rid of this one pain I would be very happy with this handgun ! All suggestions greatly appreciated !

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I'm not sure if the trigger itself is like the safety trigger on a PT111 G2, but if it is, you have to make sure your finger pad is pushing squarely and evenly against the face of the trigger to keep it from binding.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good idea. I think I will play with it while I watch tv, shut my eyes and then go for the trigger and see where it ends up and see if there's a pattern to how my finger engages the trigger. Can't hurt right ? :)

I'm not sure if the trigger itself is like the safety trigger on a PT111 G2, but if it is, you have to make sure your finger pad is pushing squarely and evenly against the face of the trigger to keep it from binding.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Don't let this one range outing discourage you. Keep spending quality time firing the gun at the range and you'll work out the issue in due time. :thumb:

Reactions: HIGHRPM014

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
The best solution is to strip and clean it thoroughly. I experienced this and found that the firing pin channel / pin still had packing grease in it. It made for a very gritty erratic pull. Since I had it apart I did a trigger job (light polish on the contact services) as well. Works great now.

Reactions: HIGHRPM014

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
24/7G2 trigger

Josh. thanks for the vid, I was wondering how to take this thing apart. Since you did some polishing can you make a vid about that ? Sadly very little on this fine gun in the video arena ! Thanks !!
The best solution is to strip and clean it thoroughly. I experienced this and found that the firing pin channel / pin still had packing grease in it. It made for a very gritty erratic pull. Since I had it apart I did a trigger job (light polish on the contact services) as well. Works great now.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Josh. thanks for the vid, I was wondering how to take this thing apart. Since you did some polishing can you make a vid about that ? Sadly very little on this fine gun in the video arena ! Thanks !!
Not at this point. I have been trying to schedule time to make videos and take pictures of the process but I keep get preempted. I am hoping I can do it this weekend, but we will see. I will start a new thread when I do and reference it here. Did you have a specific question at this point?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, my gun is new to me and I noticed that the trigger stacks up (notchy) before a clean break. I know very little about the inside of this gun and would need a good visual to feel comfortable doing some teardown.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
I understand. I took baby steps. First the field strip and clean, study the manual, take pictures, hit a road block, study the exploded diagram, and so on. It would be easier to understand if the exploded diagram included connecting lines. In the end, it finally made sense and I learned a lot about what not to do.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I haven't bought the 24/7 g2 yet, but it's in the works and before I take it out I will be doing a good cleaning. Thanks for posting this video on the "how to" remove the firing pin. I will definitely be doing this!

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Dry firing will help you break the trigger in. I do with all my new guns and it helps to smooth out thetrigger and even lighten it some. Of course shooting it repeatedly helps too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think someone said it states in the manual that Taurus says you should fire the gun 500 times before it is reliable and broke in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts