Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I was in the market for my second gun. The first gun I ever bought was
a Smith M&P 9mm fullsize. It is my carry weapon and I love it.
I quickly found that guns are like potato chips. Can't only have one!!
Too bad guns are quite a bit more expensive than a bag of chips.

After researching various guns for my 2nd, I chose the 24/7 pro c because it
was compact, easy to carry, fits my hand like glove, and the value for the money
is awesome. I also think the SA/DA feature is neat, especially when I'm dry-firing
with snap caps. I don't have to cycle the slide to reset the trigger. Can't do
that on my M&P.

Ryan

·
Registered
75 Posts
Welcome and congrats! I, too have a 24/7 C 9mm and it's been flawless so far! I bought it so I could give me and my 3" 629 a break during the spring/summer. Carrying my Taurus feels like nothing when compared to my .44! ;D

Still haven't completely gotten used to the long take up before the SA pull but the more I shoot it, the less it bothers me.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase. I've been happy with mine, and am looking forward to carrying it when I get my permit.

·
Registered
136 Posts
ryank78 said:
I also think the SA/DA feature is neat, especially when I'm dry-firing
with snap caps. I don't have to cycle the slide to reset the trigger.
But after the first SA trigger pull, you're 'practicing' with a DA trigger pull... not something you'll experience in real life ( except in the incredibly rare case of a misfire/light strike)

Speaking for myself, I think that 'practicing' with a 'not-likely-to-be-encountered' DA trigger pull is almost counter-productive & misleading.

But of course, I'm a newbie... there's a strong chance I don't know what the heck I'm talking about!

I've taken to cycling my slide a half-inch or so, to reset the light SA trigger pull.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ryank78,
Welcome to the family!! I don't have my Taurus yet. I have it on layaway I chose a 24/7 Pro in 9mm. I hope to pick it up this weekend with my tax stimulus money. I love the feel of it in my hands and I can't wait until I get to put some rounds through it.
Gunner

·
Registered
29 Posts
the 24/7 pro c is a great gun. 2nd time at the range today.ran another 100 whinchester thru it, not a hiccup. the clip is kinda finicky, u pack it to 17 or 13, the spring has the tendency to stick, not pushing up the ammo. so, i pack 15 and 10 accordingly. no sweat.
very happy with mine. carry it everyday in a nylon holster and ubg holster for the weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts