Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just traded my Sigma 40 for a 24/7 Pro 40 stainless, I find it extremely hard to get the 15th round in the magazine, will it get any easier? I'm letting both mags sit with 14 rounds hoping they will loosen.

The 24/7 sure is a good looking gun! It is bulkier to carry though compared to the Sigma.

·
Registered
189 Posts
It will eventually be easier to load them up to full capacity after about two weeks. Mine is a 9mm 24/7 Pro and I also had a difficult time putting in the last two rounds (16th & 17th) in the 2 magazines that I have during the first few weeks of ownership.

A magazine loader would also help. I couldn't find a Taurus branded magazine loader so I bought one that's made for CZ pistols. I must say that it does the job pretty well...no sore thumbs for me now.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My .45 pro holds 12. But, I had trouble with the ones that came it and Taurus had to replace them. The newer ones have stiffer springs. I can only get 11 in them. If I try to force the 12th, it will not jack the first one right. As long as I don't have anymore feeding problems, I won't complain.

·
Registered
356 Posts
My 24/7s in both .40 and .45 were hard to fully load at first - both getting the last round into the magazine and to get that full magazine fully seated into the magazine well - but the springs work in after a while and it won't be a problem. You've got a great gun there. Enjoy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
mine were hard to load as well. i actually went out today and was able to fit 15 rnds in.

I use the mag loaders found here - http://www.magloader.com/

its extremely simple to use and doesnt depend on the mag :). My cousin and i were using the same one to load my 24/7 and his 1911.

·
Registered
11 Posts
$6 shipped for the first set...$5.50 for additional sets in the same order.

I originally ordered 2 sets of the .380-.45 (1 for me and 1 for dad) as well as 1 set of .22-.32. Total I spent $17 - well worth it.

Each 'set' comes with 3 different size rings. You want to use the one that sticks just before the first knuckle on your thumb.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I just ordered 4 sets. One for me, one for the wife, one for my dad, and one for a friend of mine. Thanks for the link I can't wait to try them out!

·
Registered
171 Posts
The mags for my 24/7 45 were REALLY tough the first couple weeks..but after probly about 300-350 rounds shot through it they seemed to break in a little and now its relavtively easy to squeeze that 12th one in. Just takes time, patience, and sore thumbs :thumb: :bang: Also, ive heard alot of good things about the maglula "uplula" and the video on their website shows exactly how easy and versatile it is. Here's the link www.maglula.com then just click on "UPlula" on the left side. The video is a little ways down the page. Good luck!

JT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts