Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked it up yesterday brought it home broke it down and cleaned it. Just like it says to do in the FAQ forum. (Great job on that by the way) I have two problems.

1. I fired 50 rounds of WWB 165gr and started low and to the left but worked it into an acceptable grouping by the end. There is a slight possibility that shooter may have been jerking the trigger but that's for another post.

2. I didn't have the heart to trade in my Taurus .41 mag. How do I explain to the budget director that I now have 2 Taurus's when I was suppose to only have 1? She may fall for the BUG argument but I don't know if an argument can be made for a .41 magnum back up gun.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
If you explain it just right you can make her understand, I just picked up a Raging Bull 500 Mag and I simply explained to my wife that I am the man and I will buy what I want to buy when I want to buy it...um ya that was on the inside lol I told her that the Taurus and SMith are the only major companys making the 500Magnum and there price keeps going up and up and when they discontinue them it will only make them more valuable, she seem to let me slide since it will increase in value. Plus I think she really wants to shoot it too ;D

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Tell her it is an "early birthday" present, a late anniversary, etc., etc.,

I know it won't hold water, but a lame excuse is better than no excuse at all!

PS... I've got the same problem... I'm supposed to pick up my PT1911 this afternoon and an working through the same justifications.

Ah ha!... tell here it is an "investment" and if you keep it long enough it will appreciate in value... she watches the Antique Road Show doesn't she?

·
Registered
11 Posts
gunflint said:
1. I fired 50 rounds of WWB 165gr and started low and to the left but worked it into an acceptable grouping by the end. There is a slight possibility that shooter may have been jerking the trigger but that's for another post.
I am a new shooter and have only been to the range 4 times with my new 24/7 pro. I too was shooting low and to the left at first and assumed it was the gun. It took a while for me to realize (or admit) it, but I was anticipating the recoil an tensing up before the bang. It's most obvious on the first round of each magazine, then the rest are on target and in a tight group.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Well, you could just say that the 41 is for the locals and the 40 is for the tourists!

As much I like a nice semi-auto for carry, up your way I rather have something with a bit more umph available. How much would it take for some screw-ups to attract a problem bear by how they run their campsite? Even if you monitor your guests there are always some fools around. Having that 41 available to sub for the 40 at those times might be comforting.

Steelheart

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. And I'll second Gunnut's suggestion. Surprise her with a 24/7 PRO 9mm and offer to take her to the range with you and your .40 S&W version. If she doesn't like that idea, well, you'll have a 3rd Taurus. It's a win-win proposition. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts