Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to take the plunge into the semi auto pool. I should be receiving my new 24/7 in a week or two. This will be first semi auto and my carry gun and I have a few questions.

What cleaning and lubrication products are generally recommended?

From what I've read, it seems that 155 gr. Federal Hydra-shocks are an effective self defense round. Is this true?

What's a good round for practice shooting?

I've done a lot of reading about this gun, here and at other sites and have not read much in the way of bad reports. Did I miss anything?

Thanks guys. I'm sure I'll be posting more as I get more time with my new best friend.

·
Registered
116 Posts
gunflint said:
I have decided to take the plunge into the semi auto pool. I should be receiving my new 24/7 in a week or two. This will be first semi auto and my carry gun and I have a few questions.

What cleaning and lubrication products are generally recommended?

From what I've read, it seems that 155 gr. Federal Hydra-shocks are an effective self defense round. Is this true?

What's a good round for practice shooting?

I've done a lot of reading about this gun, here and at other sites and have not read much in the way of bad reports. Did I miss anything?

Thanks guys. I'm sure I'll be posting more as I get more time with my new best friend.
Thats true that the Federal Hydra-shocks are a great self defence but I would try some different brands, see which you feel comfortable with.

A good round for practice shooting I would have to go with my fav CCI BLAZER you can get them relativly cheap.

Here you go this has all you need to get you started I would order 2 http://secure.armorholdings.com/kleen-bore/product379.html great kit comes with everything you need to keep your gun in working order.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Federal HSTs are great rounds if they work in the gun. Unfortunately, they are the most reliable feeding round in my MilPro. I have found that Remington Golden Sabres and Winchester Rangers have been flawless in feeding and performing in my 140MilPro. I like the 155 grain rounds because they seem to perform best in a 3" barrel. If you have a 4" or 5" barrel then you could go up to the 180 grain without losing much velocity at all.
I use Hoppes cleaning products and rail grease and use Breakfree LP to finish it up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had my 24/7 Pro .40 for about 6 months and I simply love it ... the fit the finish ... it's really really comfortable ... you'll love it ... nice choice.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
2 things every shooter should have is a Bore Snake and a UPlula mag loader, both can be found on Midwayusa

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=952670
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=309855

I know there is not a picture just trust me order one or 2! they are awsome!

here is how they work

he is not a pro thats been using it for years making it look easy. It is that easy. After loading 4 or 5 mags after I bought one I was as fast if not faster then the guy in the video

1 - 6 of 6 Posts