Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here. howdy all!
just purchased a 24/7 in 9mm at the funshow today. i have to wait for the mandatory 7 days before i can pick it up.
anyway, when i asked the dealer about extra mags, he stated that sig 226 mags will work in the 24/7.
anyone heard of this? (sorry if this has been posted before.)
thanks,
lee

·
Administrator
18,578 Posts
Congratulations on your new 9mm Taurus PT24/7 Pro and Welcome to the Forum! I really like mine quite a lot and I'm sure that you will like yours, too!

As for the SigArms P226 magazines working, I'm quite doubtful of that. Your new 24/7 should have come with 2 magazines. If not, ask the dealer where the second one is! SigArms magazines will typically cost just as much or sometimes more than Taurus Magazines, so generally, there is no cost savings to be had. I would also be leary of some of the lower cost aftermarket mags available for the Sig P226.

My preference is to stick with the OEM Factory Magazines, or at least until an aftermarket magazine of comparable quality is available, which currently is not the case. Life's too short, and could be even shorter, if you/to depend upon bad magazines. The magazine is the heart of your Pistol that keeps the ammo flowing!

CDNN has 9mm and .40 Taurus 24/7 magazines for about $30 plus shipping, which is better than the $40 plus shipping, elsewhere. I have 3 spare 9mm 24/7 Magazines from CDNN, besides the two magazines my 9mm 24/7 Pro came with.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/taurus.html

Happy and Safe Shooting! ;D :shooter:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys for the welcome aboard!
i'm really looking forward to picking up this pistol as i've heard a lot of good things about it.
as far as if coming with one mag, i have little reason to doubt my dealer, i have dealt with him in the past and he has always treated me fairly.
i mentioned the sig 226 mags because he knows i have a sig 226 and a bunch of mags. i think he thought he was saving me from buying additional mags.
BTW does any 24/7 owner have a sig mag to try, as i have to wait a bit to pick up my gun.
thanks again for the responses!
lee

·
Registered
50 Posts
Lee2, your gun should come with 2 mags. I just picked up my 24/7 pro 45acp about two weeks ago and it had two mags. Can't wait shoot mine again this weekend. I have been dry firing and the trigger seems to be getting smoother. Mark

·
Registered
579 Posts
Is the gun new? My new 24/7 c 9mm came with the 15 round mag and the 17 round mag.

The trigger takes a little time to get used to and you will find shooting that many rounds to watch your wrist position. It takes some range time but they are fun to shoot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts