Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys....been whining for a week now about this thing taking so long to get here....it finally is! Going to the range this evening and I'll be sure to report any bugs. Wish me luck! IMG_1951.JPG

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Congrats, T!! Make sure you clean it first, very well, and get the snap cap ready. Good Luck with that, and please keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Congrats, once you get used to the trigger pull I am sure you will love it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So got to put about 175 rds thru it. It's dirty as hell now (TulAmmo!). I did a fairly detailed wipe-down after I got it back to my shop (before I went to the range) and it had a hell of a lot of gunk in it! I didn't have any trouble at the range other than 3 fail-to-feeds. Didn't get to run any other ammo other than the TulAmmo FMJ I picked up at walmart...so I'll post more when I get to run some defensive loads thru it. No trouble with the trigger resetting (Zylo). I will say I about had to stand on the mag release to get the 12-round mag to come out (even when empty). Going to try to just work it in a little before I take off to the range again next week. The trigger is NOTICABLY softer after about 120 rounds....so anyone looking at one thinking the trigger sucks....give it some time!
-T

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Glad to hear a good report, with no trigger issue. As I've said, I guess I'm just 'lucky'. :D

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
So what is best to use to clean all the packing grease from a NIB G2? I am seriously thinking of getting one in 9 MM.
I just used an old toothbrush and plenty of Hoppes. Make sure you clean around the firing pin channel really good as well.

Reactions: Foxtail207

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congrats on your fine new 24/7 G2!

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
So what is best to use to clean all the packing grease from a NIB G2? I am seriously thinking of getting one in 9 MM.
The Hoppes, and I use Gun Scrubber spray. I soak it, let it marinade, soak it again, and scrub it like Slakev said, with ex's toothbrush. :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Yea it shot left...I think I was just shooting all over the place. I didn't have a lot of time at the range and I was mostly trying to get as much through it as I could in the time I had. As far as cleaning mine wasn't as full of junk as I thought it would be. I did a basic wipe-down - didn't try pulling the firing pin assembly or anything yet. Now cleaning it after 175 rounds of TulAmmo was a chore and a half. I'm going to have to find that video on pulling the firing pin assembly and get that thing de-gunked after shooting that dirty stuff. What do you guys do to clean out the barrell after running some nasty ammo? The gun comes with a wire brush but it doesn't seem like the best idea to use that thing too much....I'm new to deep-cleaning pistols so any help would be great!
IMG_1952.jpg

*****Sorry zylo...didn't see page 2 before I posted this!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Love my G2 40 I have had it about a year now almost 3000 rounds through it and haven't had any issues since about the 300 mark or so oh yea one a hard primer but pulled the trigger again with D/A second strike and it went off. If that was a self defense situation it could have saved my life. I like the second strike capability even more since then. I had a few FTF at first but after I tweaked the mags never had another problem. I took a small fine file to the edges where the ammo feeds especially the front bottom edge where the case would hang up and smoothed all the edges. I noticed this when I manually emptied the mags that the cases would hit that edge and hang up. I also found they prefer just enough lube to run to much gums it up quickly I after cleaning it will rub some gun oil on the whole thing lightly with a rag and put very little gun grease on the slide rails and a very very thin coat on the parts that run metal to metal.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Congrats by the way. Hope you like your as well as I do mine.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts