Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Congrats, T!! Make sure you clean it first, very well, and get the snap cap ready. Good Luck with that, and please keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Congrats, once you get used to the trigger pull I am sure you will love it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So got to put about 175 rds thru it. It's dirty as hell now (TulAmmo!). I did a fairly detailed wipe-down after I got it back to my shop (before I went to the range) and it had a hell of a lot of gunk in it! I didn't have any trouble at the range other than 3 fail-to-feeds. Didn't get to run any other ammo other than the TulAmmo FMJ I picked up at walmart...so I'll post more when I get to run some defensive loads thru it. No trouble with the trigger resetting (Zylo). I will say I about had to stand on the mag release to get the 12-round mag to come out (even when empty). Going to try to just work it in a little before I take off to the range again next week. The trigger is NOTICABLY softer after about 120 rounds....so anyone looking at one thinking the trigger sucks....give it some time!
-T

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Glad to hear a good report, with no trigger issue. As I've said, I guess I'm just 'lucky'. :D

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
So what is best to use to clean all the packing grease from a NIB G2? I am seriously thinking of getting one in 9 MM.
I just used an old toothbrush and plenty of Hoppes. Make sure you clean around the firing pin channel really good as well.

Reactions: Foxtail207

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congrats on your fine new 24/7 G2!

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
So what is best to use to clean all the packing grease from a NIB G2? I am seriously thinking of getting one in 9 MM.
The Hoppes, and I use Gun Scrubber spray. I soak it, let it marinade, soak it again, and scrub it like Slakev said, with ex's toothbrush. :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Yea it shot left...I think I was just shooting all over the place. I didn't have a lot of time at the range and I was mostly trying to get as much through it as I could in the time I had. As far as cleaning mine wasn't as full of junk as I thought it would be. I did a basic wipe-down - didn't try pulling the firing pin assembly or anything yet. Now cleaning it after 175 rounds of TulAmmo was a chore and a half. I'm going to have to find that video on pulling the firing pin assembly and get that thing de-gunked after shooting that dirty stuff. What do you guys do to clean out the barrell after running some nasty ammo? The gun comes with a wire brush but it doesn't seem like the best idea to use that thing too much....I'm new to deep-cleaning pistols so any help would be great!
IMG_1952.jpg

*****Sorry zylo...didn't see page 2 before I posted this!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Love my G2 40 I have had it about a year now almost 3000 rounds through it and haven't had any issues since about the 300 mark or so oh yea one a hard primer but pulled the trigger again with D/A second strike and it went off. If that was a self defense situation it could have saved my life. I like the second strike capability even more since then. I had a few FTF at first but after I tweaked the mags never had another problem. I took a small fine file to the edges where the ammo feeds especially the front bottom edge where the case would hang up and smoothed all the edges. I noticed this when I manually emptied the mags that the cases would hit that edge and hang up. I also found they prefer just enough lube to run to much gums it up quickly I after cleaning it will rub some gun oil on the whole thing lightly with a rag and put very little gun grease on the slide rails and a very very thin coat on the parts that run metal to metal.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Congrats by the way. Hope you like your as well as I do mine.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts