Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to the range today with my new 24/7 G2 40cal. Nice! What fun. Out of the box is quite accurate, not my shooting but the gun. I haven't shot a pistol in quite awhile and that was a 9mm while deployed with the NMANG which it didn't take much to qualify. I had only one hiccup during my 150 rounds, miss eject. The trigger pull seems a little long but I'm getting used to it. Other than that I'm really happy with it. I'll have to go to the range a couple more time before I take the CCL class next month.

Brad

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot about one other issue. The magazine loader broke after just a few magazine loadings. I'll be calling Taurus tomorrow. I ended up using my son's loader from his DX which seems much more sturdy.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Welcome aboard, and Greetings from Tx.

Congrats!! Glad to have another G2 owner on line. I am a slightly frustrated but still otherwise happy owner of the G2C .45. The trigger does get better after a few hundred rounds and a few cleanings. I highly recommend plenty of trigger time with a Snap Cap, and just spend the extra $$ for an UPULA loader (about $30). If you need a holster, I have the Theis, and am quite happy with that. They have a link from this site. Happy Shooting, and Be Safe!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Congrats, the good news is if you leave the mags fully loaded for a few days and then after a few uses the springs will loosen up enough to allow you to fully load them by hand and you will not need the loader.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Congrats to you Sir I have one in 45 and I like it alot and welcome.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new G2!!! As far as the loader do yourself a huge favor and pick up a UpLula speed loader!! Its the best $30ish Ive ever spent and you can use it with ANY mag 9mm-.45 cal.

If you check egay or amazon you can find good deals,
maglula, Ltd. > Pistol Mag Loaders > UpLULA

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called Taurus CS the lady I talked to said that there is no such thing like that that comes with the 24/7 G2 and that it must have need from the dealer. I was at work so I didn't have much time to argue with her. But I will call back and set the record straight so that hopefully someone else won't get jerked around. But, I'm still veeerrry happy with the 24/7.
Thanks for the overwhelming suggestion for the UpLua, I'll be ordering one shortly. Can't wait to get out the range again!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congrats on your new 24/7 G2!

We are happy to have you join us on the forum and appreciate your military service to our great nation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts