Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well new to me anyway. I traded a S&W 22a and some cash for it yesterday. I have a question about this gun and I am sure its been answered but I couldn't find it in the search. When there is a round in the chamber and you need to unload isn't the slide supposed to lock back to allow the round to eject? The slide stops about 3/8 of an inch short of locking back and to get the round out you have to wiggle it out of the ejector with your finger in the danger zone. Ouch! :eek: Is this normal or is something wrong? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The slide wont lock unless there is a mag in there. You should be able no matter if there is a mag or not to pull the slide all the way back so it can eject that live round. If I were you I would field strip it and check around see if something a miss.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
From what I read the slide is not coming all the way back to complete the ejection. Mag or no mag it should come back far enough to eject from what I know.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Does it only do this with a round, or can the slide cycle fully without a round?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I finally got a picture of what the gun is doing. It seems to be hanging up on the loaded chamber indicator. There is a little bit of a hook to the end of it that allows it to stick out to show it's loaded. Anyone heard of this or seen this happen to their gun?

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Do not have the 24/7, but I think the PT111 has the same loaded cylinder indicator. If it is not gummed up, "wash it out with some solvent, and reoil the mechanism." It could be dirty.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think we got it figured out. I have a pt1911 and the slide is very easy to pull back. The 24/7 on the other hand needs a rather firm pull to eject a live round. I do believe i just wasn't pulling hard enough. Thanks for all the suggestions and advice.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
dante2 said:
I think we got it figured out. I have a pt1911 and the slide is very easy to pull back. The 24/7 on the other hand needs a rather firm pull to eject a live round. I do believe i just wasn't pulling hard enough. Thanks for all the suggestions and advice.
My PT1911 is the opposite. It takes a somewhat firm pull to retract the slide while my PT92's slide only displays about 2/3 the amount of resistance.

·
Administrator
18,470 Posts
Taurus_9mm said:
My PT1911 is the opposite. It takes a somewhat firm pull to retract the slide while my PT92's slide only displays about 2/3 the amount of resistance.
That would be the difference between the PT1911's 16 lb Recoil Spring and your PT92's 13 lb recoil spring. I've upped my PT92's Recoil Spring to a 15 lb extra power. As most 24/7's use a Captive Recoil Spring Assembly, there is no choice for those yet, but none seems to be required.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.