Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,722 Posts
The first question I had was, how is this not a machine gun? After reading more, the question was asked and dismissed with no explanation.

So, my question still stands, how is this not a machine gun?

The National Firearms Act, 26 U.S.C. 5845(b), defines a machine gun to include any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Falls into the same vein as that double barreled 1911 that came out a few years ago. Probably because you still have to manipulate the trigger between shots that makes it "legal" (whatever that can be defined as).

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
No thanks, not a practical weapon, just like the aforementioned double 1911. I will pass on this one too.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
What about a double-barrel shotgun, but... these days, who knows??? :confused:

I might get one now, just because they may ban them tomorrow.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
At 10' I would not want to get nailed by 2 .22mag rounds.................

Reactions: PT99AF

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I think it's ugly but cool. Owning a NAA 22 mag, I would definitely add this to the spot next to it in the safe.

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
A novelty to me.I would shoot it to see how it feels and performs.I currently feel one .38 special beats two .22 magnum rounds.

I bet the trigger pull is atrocious (like makarov atrocious).

·
Super Moderator
35,532 Posts
IMHO one .357 magnum beats 2 .22 mags. I mean, you're talking 550 ft lbs even out of a 2" barrel for a 140JHP.

Yep, I'll pass and I'm a revolver guy. :D

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I think it's very cool. As in unique. I would love to have one. Not a bad MSRP. I know several women who carry but have severe issues with recoil. This would be a good solution.

Whats up with the trigger guard though? I've not seen that before.

Edit: I just also read on their website they recommend that you shoot a projectile and a birdshot with each pull. Interesting.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
I agree with the uniqueness and the "What the heck is that?" factor. Certainly not practical - who's gonna' make a one-off holster for that beast. And what about CS and support if the thing malfunctions and/or blows up?? But a $369 MSRP probably equates to, what, maybe $289-$300 street price? Might just have to get one because, well, you know... because.

"Yeah, that's a nice XYZ, but you ever seen one of THESE!?? (as pull it out of my range bag).

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Unique yes, but good Lord, it’s ugly.
Not that I’m casting stones...
Yeah, I thought the same thing...it is interesting though. Bet, for a .22 WMR, it would make an ugly wound channel. I wonder if it is a timing nightmare though?

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Yeah, I thought the same thing...it is interesting though. Bet, for a .22 WMR, it would make an ugly wound channel. I wonder if it is a timing nightmare though?
That's what I was thinking when I commented that the dang thing might blow up!

·
Super Moderator
35,532 Posts
Why would timing be any different? It only has one cylinder.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
“By combining standard ammunition and birdshot, each pull of the trigger will deliver an incredible combination of firepower and very light recoil,” Standard Manufacturing said in a release.
.22 Mag birdshot.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *gasp* hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *thud*

Also:

Next, we’ve seen this question pop up on social media: “Would the ATF consider the S333 a machine gun because of two shots with one trigger pull?”

The answer? No. We spoke directly with the good people at Standard Manufacturing, who said, “The S333 is not subjected to the NFA provision because it does not meet the ATF definition of a ‘machine gun.’ It is, however, defined as a ‘firearm’ of the ‘pistol’ type.”

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
Why would timing be any different? It only has one cylinder.
But it has two barrels - two forcing cones, etc. What if both chambers aren’t lined up just right?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts