Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
I just watched a video on them and was getting ready to post a link.

·
Super Moderator
20,013 Posts
I bought one of the Raptor gripped 12G this past summer. It is not as bad to shoot nor difficult to control even with 2 3/4” shells. I’ve not tried any 3” 12G magnums . . . . . . and I don’t wanna.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
I have a Maverick 88 outfitted with a pistol grip and a NEBO iProTec LG220 light for home protection. Works pretty good.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
The Mossberg Shockwave is a sweet Home Defense option. I very nearly got one in 12 Gauge myself, but ultimately went with the Taurus Judge Magnum since I couldn't find a safe yet easily accessible way to store a Shockwave at my bedside.

A 20 Gauge model would be ideal for those who are recoil sensitive or otherwise have concerns about keeping the 12 Gauge Shockwave under control.

·
Super Moderator
37,236 Posts
I have a Maverick 88 outfitted with a pistol grip and a NEBO iProTec LG220 light for home protection. Works pretty good.

I just got mine out for it's maiden voyage last week. Had the tactical barrel on it and fired some 00 buck and some reduced recoil slugs. Ran great with manageable felt recoil. I put an additional shock absorbing bumper on the stock but I'm not crazy about the increased LOP. Looking forward to putting the field barrel on it in Spring and trying clays.

The Tactical/Field combo works well for all of mine shotgun needs/desires and was $220.00 net.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the 12 gauge. The birdshead grip is underrated as a recoil reducing mechanism. I am merely 155lbs and 5’ 8” but I don’t find the recoil uncontrollable or too much. Mine’s a bear gun with slugs and double aughts alternated for hiking/camping and has Aguila minishells for Home defense.
20 gauge should still be a great gun regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 7 of 7 Posts