Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the site and have a question. I bought a new PT-111 Millennium in 2009, it's not a pro. I didn't know anything about the Millennium line up or the generations at the time of purchase. I thought I was buying a Millennium PRO since that was what I had called it at the gun store and so did the sales guy behind the counter. Wasn't til I got home and compared it to the picture in my 2009 buyer's guide that I noticed it didn't say 'PRO' on it and it looked a bit different. So is my gun a 1st generation that was made in 2008?? According to the Taurus website that is the manufacture date. Why was the 1st generation still being made after the 2nd and 3rd were already out?

The pistol has performed well and I really like it although, it has the DAO trigger. But overall it's reliable and accurate, just not what I had set out to buy.

·
Registered
32,089 Posts
If you bought it at Academy on Black Friday, it was a special edition made just for Academy. 2009 is a little late in the time frame for a 1st generation PT111, although I believe the Academy special run were DAO. These may not have been a special run, just possibly some 1st Generation PT111's that Taurus still had in the warehouse after introducing the 2nd Generation Mil-pros.

If this was not bought at Academy, it may have just been old stock the gun shop you bought it at had.

·
Registered
32,089 Posts
Oh....Welcome from the driest, flattest, most treeless and sand blowingest place in the world, Lubbock, TX! :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Like I said, it was manufactured in 2008. That's why I asked why Taurus was still making the 1st gens so late. It has the security locking system that the original 1st gens didn't have. But, you're right, I got it at Academy Sports, good guess!

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I still miss that flattest place. I lived there for several years when I went to TX Tech, I had to drive all the way to Loop 289 to get the six packs on the weekends. :D

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Like I said, it was manufactured in 2008. That's why I asked why Taurus was still making the 1st gens so late. It has the security locking system that the original 1st gens didn't have. But, you're right, I got it at Academy Sports, good guess!
I think it's the old stock.

·
Registered
32,089 Posts
I still miss that flattest place. I lived there for several years when I went to TX Tech, I had to drive all the way to Loop 289 to get the six packs on the weekends. :D
You had to drive about 3 miles past the loop.

·
Registered
32,089 Posts
It was an educated guess, and if I remember right, they were $199.95. I thought of buying one. We had some discussions about them after several members bought them and about the fact that they were not Mil-Pros and wondering if they were first generation old stock or just a special run for Academy. In any event, they were a great value and I like the DAO action. I have the DAO on my 2nd Generation Mil-Pro PT145.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Reactions: Taurus10

·
Registered
32,089 Posts
Oh...and our once great "Air Raid team, the Red Raiders," are pretty much Coachless!

Reactions: bmbroker

·
Registered
32,089 Posts
But our Women are really Gorgeous !!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
It was an educated guess, and if I remember right, they were $199.95.
No, it was regular price for spring 2009, $289. After buying it and being confused about what it was I found actual 'PRO' models at Academy and they were $319. Man, if they had been $200, I'd have bought two! Even back in '09 when I bought it I checked the serial #'s on the Taurus website to see what the heck I had... Model 111-B production year: 2008

I should just contact Taurus and see what they can tell me about it. It's been a mystery to me for almost 3 years now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts