Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a PT1911 this past Saturday. Beautiful polished blue & wood grips. Then found out after I purchased it that it is a Talo edition. Cool. Any idea on how many were made in this finish?

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Congrats on the new firearm. The PT1911 is a fine shooter and mine is my favorite gun to shoot. A picture would be nice - just saying.

·
Registered
36,871 Posts
Just bought a PT1911 this past Saturday. Beautiful polished blue & wood grips. Then found out after I purchased it that it is a Talo edition. Cool. Any idea on how many were made in this finish?
Congrats!
Taurus does not manufacture the weapon like this!
as I understand it TALO is an aftermarket comapny that buys stock Pt1911 (and other manufactures and models) and then adds things to them like the high gloss finish, grips, sights, etc, depends on the model and manufatcure what they do to them.
Numbers made are generally pretty large but depends on how popular the weapon is as I understand it.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Pretty cool!!

·
Registered
29,822 Posts
Nice looking 1911!

Reactions: leejack

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
A mighty fine looking pistol! :thumb:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all. The pics do not do it justice. It has an amazing deep polished blue. I'll try to get better pics of it. It came with 2 sets of grips, the wood ones and black composite.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Congrats on a fine looking gun!

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Very nice! Was just checking a Talo PT1911 out at a LGS earlier. Congrats!

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
Very nice, a 45 may be my next family addition

·
Registered
36,871 Posts
Well seems to me that a better way for Taurus to go than selling a budget PT1911 with a cardboard box and 1 magazine would be to make the standard old Blue Pt1911 with that dull finish , sale it for the price of the budget one ($499.99?) and then make a deluxe edition Say call it a PT1911D, and have the nice bright high polish finish like the one you bought.
for say $599.99.
also Taurus does/has and can apply this finish to the PT1911B, it came in the 38 Super models and was quite nice.
NO-NO-NO thanks but i will not and can not accept the CEO job with Taurus!, but thanks for asking!!!

Reactions: RichO

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Super Moderator
37,498 Posts
Nice acquisition of a beautiful 1911! Love those grips!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Beautiful looking pistol,let us know how it shoots.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just put a Pt1911 .45 on lay away today at my local hang out. I've been poking around on the web trying to find out what version or edition of the thing I bought because it is not shown on the Taurus website.

It has that same very, very highly polished blued finish(photo doesn't do it justice). It is all steel, the same wood grips as in your photo. It came with the hard case, 2 mags, wrench and the factory looking black grips are included in the case. How can you tell you have a Talo or is the Talo version the only one that is highly blued and polished like this with these grips? I got to run a few rounds through the gun and mine feels as if it had a trigger job done also. It is very clean, crisp and fairly light, guessing in the 3 pound range. I'm used to my PT92 and it was close to around half the pull so I had to be careful with it at first. The sights on mine look like the factory Novak? sights.

It is advertised and being sold to me as a NIB Taurus PT1911 by a very trusted gun shop and family I've known for several years. The Taurus website has no mention of a Talo edition or version and showed no photo's of guns that look like mine does. Mine looks like your photo. The gun is still packed in the factory looking grease I remember from my PT92.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts