Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
8,089 Posts
Hello from Central North Carolina and welcome to TaurusArmed.net. You are going to find some
friendly and knowledgeable people here. Congratualtions on getting yourself a 1911, it is a classic
firearm design still going strong for over one hundred years.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hello, Manesolo, and welcome from Missouri to a great forum. Good people and info here!

Since you are new to this handgun, self defense arena, consider taking some good self defense classes. I also recommend you check out the many free YouTube videos made by Massad Ayoob, a world-class instructor in handgun use and self defense, who has recorded training sessions in Judicious Use of Force, Shoot to Live, Home Invasion, Preparation for Home Defense, and What to Do After a Shooting. Just Google his name and these topics and the YouTubes should show up. Very good instructional information from an expert, and free.

Here is a very good technical review of self defense ammo, when you want to consider this:
Best Choices for Self Defense Ammo

This is an informative review by a doctor of different gunshot wounds effects; we all need to be aware of this real-life information:
Doctor Talks About Gunshot Wounds

Take care, and best wishes to you and yours!

Reactions: bre346

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome from southern Colorado! :wave: I recently picked up a PT1911 as well and thoroughly LOVE it! I think you will be pleased with it.

Now that you have it go find some ammo and hit the range. :thumb:

Avolow.

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!

·
Super Moderator
42,035 Posts
Welcome aboard from Northern Illinois and another very satisfied PT1911 owner/operator.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
36,963 Posts
Hey guys. I just picked up my first handgun today. The Taurus pt1911 ar. I've field stripped it a few times already to get used to it. I'm going to the range Saturday to break her in. I am thrilled to finally have such a wonderful gun to call my own.
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net and congratulations on selecting the venerable and dependable Taurus PT1911AR pistol as your very first handgun!

You are, literally, starting out with one of the premier handguns in the entire Taurus pistol lineup. The PT1911 pistols are remarkably reliable, amazingly accurate, and an absolute pleasure to shoot.

Countless people on our forum own one or more of them, and trust the PT1911 to stand duty as their home defense "system"; and a great number of our folks actually carry these excellent pistols as their self-defense, concealed carry firearm.

Here's a pic of my recently-acquired PT1911AR chambered in .38 Super.

Attachments

·
Registered
701 Posts
Welcome from little ole New Hampshire & Congrats on that new PT1911

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Southeast Tennessee;;

·
Super Moderator
40,796 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Welcome from Indiana! Love my PT1911SS. Since you have field stripped it, I am assuming you did clean it too. If not, you need to give it a good cleaning before taking it to the range. Let us know how she shoots!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.