Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I screwed up. It was a case not doing my research and taking a persons word

2 weeks a go at the gun show ran up on a rock island display. It had 10 t0 15 rock island 1911s and I saw a 22 1911 rock island sittng there. When I picked it up the guy jumped up in a hurry and said he had it for a while and would give me a deal. what got my attention was he said you could purchase the 45 cal Rock island slide and any 45 mag would fit and have a dual purpose gun . With out checking the facts I purchased the pistol and he told me the slide kit was 225 and he could order it . Day before yesterday he told me they were on back order and no idea when would come in. From the start my spidey sense was telling me something was wrong.
So I called rock Island over 2 issuesThey have a wonderful customer service dept pushed 2 prompts and then had a cs rep in 3 seconds Ist I asked when firing the pistol slide does not lock on empty mag found out that on the 22 it wont lock 2nd asked about conversion kit due to shows as combo on web site he stated this pistol could not be converted had to be fit at factory as a 45 then the 22 was the conversion could not be reversed. They did spend a lot of time and checked with there gun smiths and confirmed this. The Dealer blew me off claimed it was on back order and they did not know what they were talkingf about and now wont take my calls any more. Im still mad but only at my self I should have listened to my guts and thought i would share this with you all. If you dont see it all dont purchase it.

jhp

I might shoot it and give a range report or might trade it it did run 200 rounds of federal auto match with no issues just dont like a pistol that wont lock on empty mag
. ri 1911.jpg

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Bummer deal, hopefully you will at least get a kiss ;)

If it gets too much for you just send it my way, I never use the slide stop as a slide release, so not locking back won't bother me!!

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
That guy was a real douche. Sorry to here you got taken.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts