Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found some cheap ammo but have never heard of STV Golden Bee before. Anyone here know anything about the company or used there ammo before. Font Audio equipment Electronic device Cylinder Circuit component

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have broken a multi-decade "rule" of mine and purchased factory ammo. In the last 25 years I have purchased no more than two boxes of factory ammo. I have ordered 2 boxes of 9mm factory ammo, even when I have a lot of reloads and components. The latest was a box of the STV mentioned here. I have a new 9mm (905) coming as soon as the NICS gets to my paperwork and wanting to try ammo that I normally don't reload (or just getting lazy as I age?)

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I have broken a multi-decade "rule" of mine and purchased factory ammo. In the last 25 years I have purchased no more than two boxes of factory ammo. I have ordered 2 boxes of 9mm factory ammo, even when I have a lot of reloads and components. The latest was a box of the STV mentioned here. I have a new 9mm (905) coming as soon as the NICS gets to my paperwork and wanting to try ammo that I normally don't reload (or just getting lazy as I age?)
You need to do a NICS just to buy ammo? That's some bad excrement I'd say.

Reactions: Biomass

·
Registered
37,123 Posts
Nope. NICS for a 905 that arrived at my FFL 9 days ago...
WOW!
by now in My State i would have already got the gun, cleaned it, and ran like 8-1000 rounds of ammo through it!
Hand Arm Facial expression Vertebrate World

Reactions: Biomass and PTDOUDE

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yep, terrible! But normally I could go to the gun store, pay, fill out NICS form and in about an hour go home. Panic buying, virus lessened workforce equals a huge back up, or at least that's their excuse. Eleven days so far (reminds me of CA)...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep, terrible! But normally I could go to the gun store, pay, fill out NICS form and in about an hour go home. Panic buying, virus lessened workforce equals a huge back up, or at least that's their excuse. Eleven days so far (reminds me of CA)...
Wow and my son just purchased a handgun and is complaining about waiting 2hrs.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Wow and my son just purchased a handgun and is complaining about waiting 2hrs.
The last gun I bought at an FFL the guy didn't have a computer hookup with ATF, and had to call it in to give the info to some bureaucrat. This was before the panic buying started. I thought it was going to take a while but right after he gave the person the info he was told it was approved. The guy said that was the quickest approval that he's ever seen. IDK if that's good or bad.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts