Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I just got home from my sisters house. Better view off the bulkhead looking across the bayou.
I have a lot of light pollution but Found it easy with binoculars. The tail was a long wash like shining a flashlight beam.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Took my wife out tonight and we both saw it pretty well. She's been away on a girls trip and this was the first she's heard about it. She thought it was pretty cool!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I saw last night again and glad I did as its cloudy with 70% rain the next five or six days.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Outside grilling a steak, found the big dipper but unfortunately light pollution has obscured the comet in My area.

·
Super Moderator
19,625 Posts
I KNEW I was packing this gobag for nothing! :mad:

I'll try to check for it tonight. Never ween what I'd call an impressive comet. Halley's was such a letdown, really.

Did you miss Halle Bopp in the late '90s? We were visiting friends in Utah (SLC area) and got a great view of that one. I remember being disappointed with Halley's, too.

If you miss it, Neowise will be back in ~ 6500 years.

·
Super Moderator
40,387 Posts
Been cloudy here every night, I did catch a very brief glimpse of it through binoculars Saturday night as there was a small break in the clouds. Would love to get a decent picture. Don't think that will happen as the weather is not playing nice.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
It was glorious!!!

My girlfriend was amazed. I made steaks.....

.....comets and t-bones.....

Yes.......it was a good night.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts