Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some months ago I changed the grips on one of my PT92's. While doing so, the safety return spring took a boing & disappeared. Have never found it. Called CS & asked if I could BUY a replacement. Lady said, "No need to pay, we'll just send you another." Couple weeks went by & I called again. The response was, "Oh we're out of stock, will send one when they come in." Called again & again. Still no spring.

Luckily for me, one of our great members here, muddcatt54, came to my rescue & sent me one in the mail. Put it in today & now the gun is fully functional again.

Taurus really needs to concentrate on their customers. Leaving me hang for months needing a part like that is just bad business. I love the product, I have 3 of them, but this is terrible. How can I say anything positive about the Company when they refuse to respect the folks that keep them in business.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
You're preaching to the choir with me on Taurus CS and warranty repair. Been there, done that, still have the scars to show if needed.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I sendt them an e-mail regarding a broken basepad on one of my magazines, the answer i got was "sorry we cant help you, please contact your local Taurus dealer" yeah right....there is no Taurus dealer in Norway

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Many of us can go for years, even decades without have to interface with Taurus CS. My PT92 has been flawless. Anything that has needed to be fixed has been a normal wear part, and Beretta parts work fine.

Reactions: loudviking

·
Registered
220 Posts
I placed a call and sat on hold like a fool for 20 minutes! Sorry, not wasting my time like that........ I will purchase 1 more PT111 from Taurus because I like that model but that will be the last.
Customer service is NOT difficult but is as difficult as you allow it to be....

·
23,214 Posts
There are a lot of buyers new to guns and that is their target market.
When I bought my first Taurus, I'd owned a Colt 1911 for the better part of 20 years. I got a TCP, because of the size and the excellent trigger - still the best poly gun trigger I've ever found.

When my daughter was being stalked, I loaned her my TCP. I suppose I did that, for my daughter, because I was new to guns? Well, whatever the reason, I didn't like being without a TCP, so I bought another.

When my Springfield XD convinced me that Glock style "safety" wasn't for me, I sold it and bought a PT740. It wouldn't be much of a beginner's gun. Recoil is a bit stout.

Which brings me to my non-View. Stout recoil there too. Really stout. But I like it enough that I found a way to put bigger/better grips on it, with a friend's help.

Now, one man's experience doesn't prove or disprove your target market assertion. But we've got a lot of darned experienced shooters on here, and somehow, I think a lot of them have multiple Tauruses, not only one. Just throwing that out there.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
When I bought my first Taurus, I'd owned a Colt 1911 for the better part of 20 years. I got a TCP, because of the size and the excellent trigger - still the best poly gun trigger I've ever found.

When my daughter was being stalked, I loaned her my TCP. I suppose I did that, for my daughter, because I was new to guns? Well, whatever the reason, I didn't like being without a TCP, so I bought another.

When my Springfield XD convinced me that Glock style "safety" wasn't for me, I sold it and bought a PT740. It wouldn't be much of a beginner's gun. Recoil is a bit stout.

Which brings me to my non-View. Stout recoil there too. Really stout. But I like it enough that I found a way to put bigger/better grips on it, with a friend's help.

Now, one man's experience doesn't prove or disprove your target market assertion. But we've got a lot of darned experienced shooters on here, and somehow, I think a lot of them have multiple Tauruses, not only one. Just throwing that out there.
Small majority on forum. No arguing that Taurus Cs is the pits. Anyone who has dealt with them can tell you. Including me. I read about far to many people complain about it here and on other forums. Most post that it is their first and last Taurus because of it.
Would certainly think that members on Taurus forum would have at least one Taurus if not 2 or 3. Small majority.

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Small majority on the forum. No arguing that Taurus Cs is the pits. Anyone who has dealt with them can tell you. Including me. I read about far to many people complain about it here and on other forums. Most post that it is their first and last Taurus because of it. Would certainly think that members on Taurus forum would have at least one Taurus if not 2 or 3. Small majority.
At present, I have eight handguns...
5 are Taurus® (2003, 2007, 2012, 2012, & 2013)
2 are Smith & Wesson® (2014 for both)
1 is a Ruger® (2017)

Reactions: loudviking and bigC

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have actually owned 10 different models. I currently have a 605, 3 PT92's & a PT1911. Have never owned what I would call a LEMON. The issues I have had are really not all that bad. It's just frustrating to have a minor problem that they WILL NOT fix. I would hope they will someday change their business model before it's too late.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,426 Posts
Count me into the minority, 2-PT 99's with a "Taurus" 22LR conversion, 709, PT 957 with a PT 940 slide and barrel assy, PT 938C, PT1911, 3" Judge, 2" 85, G2.

My BIGGEST problem is keeping them fed. Yes, the Stainless 99 had a stripped rear sight elevation screw but that was the mongoose that owned it before me. I swear some people can tear up an anvil, in a sand pile, with a glass hammer :mad:
C/S? Who needs C/S?
Shootem if you've gottem
Out!

Reactions: loudviking

·
Registered
901 Posts
I've previously owned an 85, 85UL, 617 and 738/732. All were flawless.
Wife owned a Rossi Plinker, the shell casings would't eject. Got it back in 2 weeks but she later sold it. A good CS experience.
Currently own an 856, 856UL and a Rossi 851. Would like to find another Rossi, maybe a 3" 461. Had a beautiful 3" Interarms .38 I regret selling.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
If they offered stellar customer service demand for their products would go up causing them to have to raise prices.

They've done a great job of limiting their growth through poor customer service.

Also, they know, if you want to own Taurus guns, and shoot, you need to buy two.

All the Best,
D. White

·
Registered
37,073 Posts
This is what started my taurus journey in 1987!
it has well over 10-K rounds through it, have replaced two recoil springs over the life time.great weapon.
in the last 8-10 years I have purchased 10 more Taurus, In my experience both quality and CS has steadily declined.
I still have 4 PT1911 that I will keep, I got a TCP that protects the safe cause I will not carry it, and two 24/7 that are under recall/ inspection what ever.
No new Bulls in the future for me as I see it. had to return 5 of the 9 newer taurus for repair and still no new parts available for the weapons that I own.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm always slightly alarmed when I read of less-than-amazing CS from Taurus. I've only got one Taurus pistol - a circa-2015 PT-111 Millennium G2 - and it's been an adequate performer. Never any reliability concerns, and w/ ~2500 fired over a few years (I shoot other guns more often than the G2, but it gets regular use), it's proven itself. perhaps the only 'complaint' I've got is it's less-than-stellar accuracy.

Now, I'm a decent shot, and well-aware of the challenges of accurately firing a shorter-barrelled carry gun. The G2 specs say it's bbl is 3.2". My Ruger SR9c has a 3.4" bbl, and is exponentially more accurate. Also, not that it's important to me, but while my G2 throws brass everywhere from basically in my face to 3-5 o'clock, the Ruger will damn near put empty cases into a 5-gallon bucket placed 5-6' away at exactly 3 o'clock. Not that it has anything to do w/ reliability - just an observation.

W/ Taurus CS policies, it's difficult to buy replacement parts. For the love of all that is Holy, why? If they want to cut some costs, this would be an inexpensive way to do so. It may even turn them a tidy profit as more mainstream gunsmiths and tinkerers alike stock up on the more consumable parts.

I have put a bit of thought into what I'll do when the little pistol finally breaks in a 'catastrophic' fashion. I won't have much of a choice but to send it back to Miami, now will I? And when it comes to that, upon my return receipt of the gun, I'll be most likely to give it backup duty. That's sad, too, because I've really grown to enjoy the G2. It's been 90% of my EDC for a going on three years straight. I've carry Rugers and Glocks, too, but the size and capacity of the Millennium G2 make it the comfortable little gun I come back to.

I hope Taurus begins selling parts. Otherwise, like I said, my G2 will eventually be relegated to a much more lonely existence than it has now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I hope Taurus begins selling parts.
:c-yes2:

seriously though... i'm gonna bet that ain't gonna happen... company seems like it's on a self-destruct course...

this is why, when i find a pistol i like (such as the PT-22) i buy two - one for a body parts/organ donor...

(OK, i just did buy a 25-year-old PT-22 with a broken firing pin, but fortunately some folks make repro parts - it's up and running again)

sure do feel bad for folks burned by bad QC, design, or customer service - it's not their fault

willie
Gulf of Mexico

1 - 20 of 22 Posts