Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been writing on this forum for some time now and I feel I need to get back to the basics when doing range reports. Its not that I think my work is sloppy I just feel like reader's should have more input in what they actually want to know in a range report. I do not read gun magazines or very many reviews so what talking points would you the readers out there like to hear? I have a brand new OSS and I want this to be my best range report yet, so I want to know what you the readers want to hear. Is there a review you like to read over and over again, just because its a great review? Send me the link; anything will help at this point and I am itching to go to the range again with the OSS. Thanks!:)

Reactions: JayneCobb

·
Super Moderator
17,717 Posts
Graphics count, A range report has to include a live-fire target, with the distance it was fired at. You show me a 7-10-15-25 yard target and then I can relate.

·
Registered
64 Posts
For mine, since it was my first, I just said what I experienced, the range to target, ammo types used and such. I'm not an expert but believe in K.I.S.S. Couldn't post any pictures because the camera in my phone didn't work. Got a replacement phone so next time I will do that.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
The usual stuff.
Gun, ammo, caliber, range, number of rounds at each distance, stance and grip, pics, pics and more pics.
Or even a short movie clip posted to youtube. (I did a few)
Factory or reload ammo.
If reload, what powder and bullet and charge.

·
Super Moderator
26,970 Posts
KISS is good. My only other advice? Make them often! Always with a new weapon!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
KISS is good. My only other advice? Make them often! Always with a new weapon!
Ahh yes my version of heaven...testing a new gun everyday wouldn't that be nice. What will be today sir? A nice Glock 35 or how about a Calico Carbine?:angel:

Reactions: JayneCobb

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
KISS might be 90% Jewish but I got FREE concert tickets for me and my bud's. ALSO...they donated $250,000 big ole check to "Disabled Veterans" and played the National Anthem!

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Bikini clad ammo bearers!! :D

Reactions: Long_Shot and 20361
1 - 11 of 11 Posts